• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

August 2020 Postal Match – V Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We might need to do another rule revision in September. Should we allow shooting two or three targets and submitting the best of...?
I think just like an in-person match, it should be one target, the first target you shoot, and that’s that. HOWEVER, I can suggest a modification for shooting distances to accommodate people who use public ranges that may not allow rifle fire at 25 yards. A percentage penalty or bonus for shooters that fire a 25 yard target at 30 yards or at 20, etc would be a great way for people who are stuck with fixed shooting range rules to participate (like me!). I’d be happy to make some suggestions for such a sliding scale if you’re interested.

Without disrupting this thread too much, can we get some history behind this type of target? When and were did it originate and why did they use this instead of the round bulls-eye target?

I asked this question on another thread some time ago but wasn't able to get an answer.

The only time that I've seen this target was on the Davey Crockett show produced by Disney and starring Fess Parker.

Ah, that was my problem. I used Matt's instructions to use a 2 5/8" diameter for the circle. I'd have picked up 6 more points.

My mistake. Attached is a revised practice target.

Attachments

• MuzzleLoading Target V Black REV 2.pdf
    9.7 KB · Views: 154
Well I shot at my targets today. I'm posting a photo of the handgun target, fired with my 1858 Pietta Remington to prove that I did actually shoot. The oblong hole on the left is a tear, not two hits. Don't know where the fifth shot went. No use mailing a zero. The rifle was better, I got one scoring hit. Not my best day by far. I'll mail the rifle target since I shot it.

Attachments

• P8140067.JPG
    P8140067.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 92
Well I shot at my targets today. I'm posting a photo of the handgun target, fired with my 1858 Pietta Remington to prove that I did actually shoot. The oblong hole on the left is a tear, not two hits. Don't know where the fifth shot went. No use mailing a zero.

At least you hit paper with your pistol. I recently purchased a Jukar .45 Kentucky flint pistol. I haven't hit paper with it yet. I'm darn sure not giving up! :)

We can shoot two targets and send in the best one? I missed that part.

I found the post. Nevermind............

I mailed my target in today. Guess I need to read the posts more as I did not catch the 2 targets and send in the best. Also missed seeing the practice target. My grandson enjoyed making my target so double fun out of the one target. I think I got all the info on it this month. Thanks Marc.

Dave

Guess I need to read the posts more as I did not catch the 2 targets and send in the best. Also missed seeing the practice target.
Dave
Shooting two targets and sending in the best was a brief discussion on a possible rule change for next month. This months rules have not changed from past monthly shoots with the exception of submitting a rifle and a pistol target.

Back