• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

August 2020 Postal Match – V Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revision
This shoot is open to rifle (long gun) and pistol.​

Due to some interest during the July shoot from members who also shoot pistol, I have decided to accept two (2) targets; 1 rifle and 1 pistol or just submit a pistol target if you wish.

Pistol target distance will be 20 yards.
Pistol load rules are the same as rifle - Round Ball only.
Please clearly mark your target Pistol or Rifle.

If this goes well I might extend it to our September shot.

Marc, Thanks for taking the time to double your work load for shooters like me who want to do both. I appreciate it.

A "what if" question. In the event of a "zero" score, how about if it is just reported as such without going through with mailing it? It could very well happen with my pistol target as I proved with the last one. If you would like to have a zero score target I have to mail the rifle one anyhow. It doesn't matter at all to me but it might save some hassle for you.

A "what if" question. In the event of a "zero" score, how about if it is just reported as such without going through with mailing it?

Yes, that would be fine. I will just have to make a slight adjustment in how I catalog the information so I don't forget there is a no score entry, but that's easy enough. Do it. Or should I say, don't do it? 🤣

But I'm confident you won't have anymore no score targets.

[QUOTE="MSmith]
I will allow this. However you will lose the extra credit point allotted for cutting and taping. 🤣
[/QUOTE]

Crafts class and the remarks column. The personalized description of a member's firearm & load choices made for an extra enjoyable shoot report! :thumb: Fun to see the interest you've sparked, Marc.
~wiksmo

:thumb: A family size soup can would have been better (Chicken Noodle) But I did manage to get 6 points I think, maybe more depending on how generous you are Marc with your scoring;):D
Pistol target in the mail.

Sent my target off to you Marc, but forgot to write my screen name on it or any of the particulars (Look for a green poster paper triangle). Let me list them here:

Rifle = Lyman Great Plains, .50cal., 1:60 twist
Ball diameter = .492" (RCBS mould)
Patch = Pillow ticking, .018" (compressed)
Lube = 1 Ballistol : 6 water.
Powder = Graf's (now Goex) FFg; 50gr.

August Rifle.jpg

Marc; Score me a zero. It was a bad morning on the range, perfect shooting conditions but the shooter did not show up LOL. Shots 1 thru 5 are zeros, then I took two extra for the hell of it ;)

Marc; Score me a zero. It was a bad morning on the range, perfect shooting conditions but the shooter did not show up LOL. Shots 1 thru 5 are zeros, then I took two extra for the hell of it ;)
We might need to do another rule revision in September. Should we allow shooting two or three targets and submitting the best of...?

Marc, I don't think so, but that's just my opinion, It's fun none the less and I'm still learning this rifle.

Nah. You are doing fine with the target ideas. My problem is too much work for a change. Cant shoot right now.
If you want a fun target for the future, just reverse the scores on a standard 10? ring. Shooting the bull is zero. Trying to clip the outside ring is a 10. Landing just outside the outside ring is outer space...also a zero.
Takes nerve to aim at the all or nothing outside rings. Feast or famine.

Back