• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

August 2013 shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Another easy short-range contest since I'm starting the really long-range contest too. :grin:

5 Shots at the center of a 3"x 5" index card with an X drawn thru the center at 25 yards.

Each shot will be measured from center of target to center of hole. These 5 measurements will be added together for your score.

One target entry per member.

5 shots per target.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading rifles (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. (you can use a smoothbore or pistol if you would like)

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at 25 yards.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name and caliber of your gun must be written on your targets.

The contest runs thru August, 2013.

Mail your target postmarked by August 31, 2013 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

Jeffrow!
Did you get any pass through on the Jeep with the last index card contest??? :grin:

:haha: Nope. I was too busy doin' shots... errr... shootin' at Friendship and never got 'er done.
I'll shoot this one if'n you want to score me.

Can-do!.... Just use camo duct tape over the holes..... shouldn't matter! :rotf:.... No one will see it!

OzarkTrapper said:
How big to draw the X?

Doesn't matter. Make it big enough that you can see it. You can even put a dot or whatever in the center if you like.
When I score the targets I go by the exact center whether your X is on the exact center or not, mine is.

Attention since this is a holiday weekend I will accept targets postmarked by Tuesday September 3rd.
Now get out there and do some shootin'!

Sorry I haven't posted the scores for this contest yet. I just have not had time to sit down and score them. And I'm fixin' to leave for Friendship as soon as I can get a shower. Won't be back until Wednesday.
I promise I'll get the scores posted Wednesday evening.

Thank you for your patience. I'm back and have scored the targets.
Here are the results:

1st place, Deadeye, .40 flintlock, 3.275" :hatsoff:
2nd place, Bakeoven Bill, .54 flintlock, 4.121"
3rd place, Wildshot, .36 caliber, 4.309"
4th place, MDK-WV, .50 caliber, 6.484"
5th place, Maven, .56 smooth Renegade 8.556"

Good shootin' guys. :thumbsup: Thanks for playing. I hope you had fun.

Ok Jim.... now tell them your score!..Not bad for a flatlander!Ha! :grin:

good shootin guys!

OK Dan. I thought you'd tell 'em. Actually I kinda forgot that I even sent you my target... :idunno: Been a lot going on here.

Anyway, I shot this contest too and sent my card to makeumsmoke for scoring in order to be fair. Can't rightly score your own target ya know...
According to Dan my score was;
Jethro224, .54 flintlock, 3.375" :grin:

:hatsoff: Deadeye, good shootin. Congratulations to all of the others. I had fun, burnt some powder. I am now looking for a 400yd place here in WV I can shoot the long shot.

Ya mean you can shoot with your eyes open in these matches? :hmm: :rotf: Congrats Deadeye that's some fine shootin' Especially with Jethro nippin' at your heels.

Back