• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Attempting to customize a CRKT hammer pole tomahawk.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gentlemen for the kind remarks. In the past I have customized the Cold Steel hammer pole pipe hawk and use to peddle them on the internet but I don't do it anymore. Folks just don't understand all the work that goes into doing them plus I am now almost 75 and my equilibrium has gone south. I can still do them but it takes longer now. I actually did the CRKT as a rehab project when I was recovering from surgery. Here is a photo of a Cold Steel I did just before doing the CRKT one.

DSC03374-1.JPG

Wow, what a transformation! Simply beautiful! You inspire me to be on the lookout for something to try my hand at, though it won't be as nice a job as you have done.

Shiloh
Nice work Sir, there is always somebody out there like Crewdawg to try and pour water on the campfire huh? :(
Macon Due

Again, guys, thanks for all the replies and critiquing both favorable and unfavorable. We all have a right to our opinions and the right to express them.

KENT.REICHO, I found the curly hickory haft on eBay. Wasn't cheap either. It is a very nice quality haft that I thought would really set off the CRKT. Of all the hawks I have done, and I have done quite a few, I believe the CRKT has become my favorite. I have others I have made more ornate but I really like the simplicity I stayed with on the CRKT.

RiverRat, does Beaver Bill have curly Hickory hafts for $5.00 each?

i love the workman ship you did on the Hawk it looks great.
i could not find 5 dollar hafts on beaver bills web but i have not called him yet.

I just want to say that from the 17 th of March, when all this craziness started, through to the 8th of April, THANK YOU SHILOH !, for inspiring me. I purchased a CRKT tomahawk/ hatchet head. After several private messages and emails with Shiloh, and a bunch of questions... and encouragement from him, I was able to transform the standard CRKT head into something I think is pretty reasonable. It took me about thirty hours total to complete the project. It can’t compare to Shiloh’s artwork by any stretch of the imagination. At least it kept me off the streets, and out of jail...

So, thank you again Shiloh for inspiring me to make my ‘quarantine’ tomahawk. :cool:

It was a pleasure communicating with DD1 and his desire and commitment to customize himself a tomahawk is commendable. He thought he could and he did, and in my humble opinion I think he did a fantastic job.

DOUBLEDEUCE 1, do you mind if I post a couple of the photos you emailed me so the folks can see how well you did? I will not post them unless you give the ok.

Oh WOW! That's beautiful. You do still have my address?..............😁

I have the same CRKT tomahawk that I like a lot. But I like yours a lot better! .You've inspired me to attempt to make mine look something that approaches yours. Outstanding work!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back