• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Asthma sucks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too true.
Right now I am in bed with yet another cold virus. Should be at work.
It's one bug after another for me.
Fed up of it and no I ain't having the flu shot, that's just another scam!

B.

To Brit SM not the above poster

I have had the flu shot since my twenties. Had to if I wanted to go to work as in required don't want it quit.

I Get 1 every year. Never had the flu or any problems. Now with my other heath problems you bet I get one.

My colds and sicknesses disappeared when my wife finally quit the child care work she was doing.

As I always said little day care diphtheria carriers, especially the ones with the new breed no inoculation parents. No colds or whatever since. 3 years now.

I hope you luck not getting anything but you do need to look into your health if you keep coming down with something seriously there may be an unlooked problem and I personally would like to see you here for a long time.

Buddys wife shot a doe, had asthma attack soon as the drug it to an area to clean it. DANG NEAR DIED :shocked2: I used to have it when I lived in IN but never an attack since we moved to Gods country :grin:

Britsmoothy said:
Too true.
Right now I am in bed with yet another cold virus. Should be at work.
It's one bug after another for me.
Fed up of it and no I ain't having the flu shot, that's just another scam!

B.

I don't agree at all. Vaccinations work but flu vaccine is a guess each year. Sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong. Now that I'm considered elderly, I get the extra-strength flu shot. I've been flu-free about 7 out of ten years.

You can't roll sevens with every throw. :wink:

AARP mag has a story on flue shots. Says current vaccines are ineffective at blocking an evolving virus. 80% of those who died from flu last season were 65 or older. This in vol.59 no8 October 2018.Mark

I get one every year, have had one bad flu in 2010, several minor bouts since. Seat belts ain’t 100 % effective either but mine always clicks, I never had a chain fire, but my guns revolver are always pointed safely.
Mind you I smoke a pipe, trek alone and am overweight...

I've gotten the flu shot every year as long as I can remember and have never had the flu. Also just got my pneumonia booster shot and have never had pneumonia. The shots are free and don't pose a problem going to the clinic....so why not?

Had asthma when young but then it disappeared.

Started smoking a pipe when I was 16 {1948} w/ my parents approval and quit in 1985 and never took another puff. Didn't quit for health reasons...just felt foolish after awhile because I thought it was akin to a baby sucking on a pacifier.

The day that I quit the pipe was also the day I went on a strict diet....the hunger was a lot worse than not smoking. It worked.

Am now 86 and have had some health problems and still do, but I've been a lucky guy so far.....Fred

flehto said:
I've gotten the flu shot every year as long as I can remember and have never had the flu. Also just got my pneumonia booster shot and have never had pneumonia. The shots are free and don't pose a problem going to the clinic....so why not?

Had asthma when young but then it disappeared.

Started smoking a pipe when I was 16 {1948} w/ my parents approval and quit in 1985 and never took another puff. Didn't quit for health reasons...just felt foolish after awhile because I thought it was akin to a baby sucking on a pacifier.

The day that I quit the pipe was also the day I went on a strict diet....the hunger was a lot worse than not smoking. It worked.

Am now 86 and have had some health problems and still do, but I've been a lucky guy so far.....Fred
Glad for you friend.
I looked at the ingredients and thought no thanks.
Think I would be better off sucking a lead ball!
Take care friend.
B.

SWMBO has asthma and it does suck. For many years I've taken drugs that compromise my immune system. As instructed by the doctor, I don't get around kids and get my flu shot - the extra special one for seniors this year - each year. I can't even remember the last time I had the flu; but it has been decades. Just not able to fight off infections now.

23 years in the Navy I have had every shot for anything you can think of and things you nor I ever read about.I quit all of it,I was told at Vacation Bible School,1959, we were all going to die one day,I believe them,just not today,maybe tonight or tomorrow.
If we put all our problems in one pile ,and looked it over most likely we would take ours back and be glad!!! I had,was treated (1999) and still have the after effects of Throat Cancer,but I look around and say, Thank You, Lord.
Life is short,forgive quickly,Kiss slowly.Love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you laugh. See you up the trail..

I hear ya. This year so far I’m finding out I can’t hunt as hard as I used to. Things that didn’t used to yield sore muscles do now. Today I realized instead of bemoaning what I can’t do any more, I’ll be thankful for what I can do still, because the days coming when I won’t be able to do that either.

Where’d they say that fountain of youth was???

Hes right. Last two years I have been. I believe I am stronger now than I have ever been, but I train for strength, harder than I ever have. The endurance I had once, is gone now, but I’m gonna get it back.

My wife and I always got the flu shot.My father did not.
He got the flu last year.
He died 3-5 days later after getting the flu!

Back