• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ashmore lock rifle ID?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byrd

32 Cal
Reaction score
In a local shop I found a rifle with an Ashmore marked lock. It's percussion, full stock, brass patchbox & triggerguard. It has set triggers and the front trigger is straight. The barrel is pinned and browned and appears to be about .36 caliber. I'm unable to upload pictures from my phone and realize this isn't a lot of information, but could anyone give me an idea of what this might be?

Not enough to go on. Could be an original or a reproduction. Ashmore locks were used on a wide variety of flint and percussion guns in the 1800s. In the 1960s and forward some locks were made with Ashmore “engraving” cast in.

I didn't think that would be much information to help. the barrel and lock look old but the stock has been re varnished at some time.

Latest posts

Back