• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Arrow Moccasin Co. Hudson , Mass

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXX

45 Cal.
Reaction score
A New hunting report from the Penn Flintlock season in the hunting forum mentioned the Arrow Mocc Company and related a positive experience with some of their winter moccasins. Since this generated some interest for myself and at least one other forum member, I should like to advise all that the owner of Arrow Moccasin died last fall on Oct 2, 2017. This appears to have followed a long illness over the past few years during which time the company seems to have been very unresponsive in shipping any paid for products or responding to complaints for non receipt of same or wrong size shipped etc. As this was a small family business with what would seem to be a fine line of products, I can understand how an owner with a terminal illness would lead to such a situation. I wish the company well and hope they do in fact stay in business, but the nature and volume of the complaints against them posted in public places like Yelp and Arrow's own facebook page suggest that they have been taking people's money for the last few years while rarely coming through with the merchandise. Arrow's on-line retail presence does seem to still be up and running and it appears that they will take your $300 if you want to place an order. I for one will pass on that for now. I do intend to try and reach someone there by phone and failing that will stop by the retail shop and see if they are open and what if any inventory is available for cash and carry. I will post more here when I have more to report.

Thanks for the report. Sad to hear, though. I was going to contact them, but will hold off for now.

While an illness like that is tragic, it would still not be an excuse for taking orders and people's money over a long period of time when delivery must have even been suspect to them...and then not returning the money when they knew they absolutely could not deliver. Those mocs aren't cheap!

Thank you for that update, as unfortunate as it is, on the Arrow Moccasins company. It’s too bad, as the pair of ”˜boots’ that I have are truly an incredible piece of workmanship!

Sadly, I have witnessed other similar situations where family members and/or employees have run a ”˜once good’ company into the ground once the founder or patriarch became ill or died. Just had this happen in town to a favorite restaurant; the old man passed away and the kids fought each other and pulled every dime they could out of the bizness ... and now it has folded.

Please keep us updated if you learn anything, cheers!

We had a guy here in Maine east of Bangor and he screwed a lot of people, leather suppliers and folks who ordered mocs. His line was he was related to the Dyers, which was true. He was bad seed!His business was called Happy Feet. He got a few Ancient Ones and the word spread. Hope he got blood poisoning from a dirty needle!
Arrow always had a good Rep and high quality mocs. Will anyone take their place? :idunno:
Nit Wit

Yes, it does look like a very bad situation here. Digging a bit shows that Paul's Mother ran the front office for Arrow and she passed on herself a year before Paul did, so they have taken some terrible losses. Still someone has to know that these orders cannot be fulfilled and they have taken some of them over the phone according to a few of the public complaints. I see no excuse for such theft. There was mention in a feature article I found from 2013 that Paul had about 5 people employed doing the leather work with him, so perhaps there is a chance of them making a comeback.

Carl Dyer out in Friendship Indiana seems to have a full line of similar styled Moccs of similar quality. I have seen his add running in Traditional Bowhunter magazine for many years.

I guess before I called anyone a thief I would need to know if they were actually cashing the checks or money orders that were sent to them.
If they were, that would be theft.

Likewise, if they were collecting on any charge or debit card without sending the merchandise, they would be stealing.

On the other hand, there is the possibility that they are not cashing the checks/money orders/credit card numbers/debt card numbers's.

If that's the case, they aren't stealing.

Zonie said:
I guess before I called anyone a thief I would need to know if they were actually cashing the checks or money orders that were sent to them.
If they were, that would be theft.

Likewise, if they were collecting on any charge or debit card without sending the merchandise, they would be stealing.

On the other hand, there is the possibility that they are not cashing the checks/money orders/credit card numbers/debt card numbers's.

If that's the case, they aren't stealing.

The widespread public comments from people claiming to be customers who lost money would seem to suggest that there is some truth to the charge. The claims of non-response to any kind of request *except* for someone trying to pay in advance seems equally likely to be valid. The BBB profile on Arrow is full of people describing the same experience. The Arrow facebook page is also loaded with comments from bitter customers making the same charge and no one from Arrow even bothers to take the comments down. Some of these accusations are 2 or 3 years old, and some of them are very recent. It seems pretty clear to me that the payments these people are making are being processed by someone on Arrows end. Now I understand your point and perhaps I should state here that my opinions are my own and I have no vested interest in Arrow or their competitors other than an interest in their products and a desire not to join the list of people who are missing their money. Next time I am in Hudson I will try and see if the retail shop is in operation or not

rj morrison said:
think the feds would get involved. mail and wire fraud.
Good luck ... as I went through that with a ”˜custom’ order once and as long as the Seller acknowledges that the ”˜order is open and that they owe the item’ to the Buyer ... there is NOTHING they can or will do.

Had the US Postal Inspectors and Better Business Bureau involved and my only recourse was to sue that bazztard (not Arrow Mocs, just so you know) ... in small claims court (if they have such a thing, as not all do) or in the general court.

I won the suit ... yet am STILL waiting on the item or refund :cursing:

Flint62Smoothie said:
I won the suit ... yet am STILL waiting on the item or refund :cursing:

Not sure how it works in Massachusetts, but in Minnesota after I won a small claims suit, I had to first wait for 30 days because the defendants never even showed up for the court date. Then after that waiting period was over I had to take it to the county sheriff and pay another collection fee...then I had to wait for Months for the sheriff to do his thing...much of which was trying to find the losers. Many months after I had won judgement, a check from the Sheriff showed up in the mail...a farmer that the guy was working for didn't want the hassle of garnishment and just paid it for the guy.

Net, it took a lot of actions just to collect and mine was under $1000.

I'm sure everyone saw these three items when searching?

You'll have to open the image in a new window to read it.

5EHMwxj.jpg

I was suprised and saddened to read this thread, Paul did quality work and was responsive to me the last time I did business with Arrow; in late 2014 he repaired gratis a two hole mocc my then new puppy chewed up. His moccasins were always very durable, took some breaking in time to get comfortable but I thought they were as good a value as Dyers.

Thanks for finding that Claude. To be fair there were public comments by customers who either had a great experience in recent years or who had a less than great experience that went on for a while until Paul corrected the situation. These positive reviews seem to be less common where these reviews are being posted, but I suppose that is normal. It would be interesting to know just how many of those who were owed something ended up with either their money back or the product they had originally ordered. I think it is safe to say that there was not likely much production of new product going on that did not involve Paul, and that given the known facts, they should be considered to be out of business for new orders. The retail shop was a pretty good sized building so it is possible, though unlikely, that they may still be trying to sell off existing stock. I still intend to make a visit in the near future.

Sad to hear,I bought seveal pairs from Arrow in the past,they were a good product

I finally had a reason to visit the Arrow Mocc company location in Hudson. They formerly occupied a good sized strip building when there was a retail sales operation there along with the factory. 90% of the building is now occupied by other businesses. Arrow is reduced to a single door with an Arrow sign at one end of the building. There are no notes or other signage. There does not appear to be a mailbox. There are no windows at all. so getting a look inside was out of the question. I suspect that whatever inventory or physical property associated with the business is being stored there and that is about it. I think we are going to have to forget about this one.

The owner may have died but living people are still taking the money and not delivering. From what you say it is time to file complaints with BBB, Attorney General and other consumer advocate organizations you have in your state.

I don't have any 1st hand knowledge, just what is available to anyone on the Internet.

I have not done business with Arrow and they do not owe me anything. I went there to see if there was a chance of buying old stock for cash and carry.

I filed a complaint against a mortgage company in Texas with the Mass Attny General's office once about 15 years ago. When they got back to me 9 months later they claimed there was nothing they could do. It would seem that most of these government consumer protection agencies exist only to keep lawyers on the state payroll and they will not take any action unless your problem is of "special" political interest to them and they can make some hay out of your case. The BBB was better, but by the time they responded I had already paid the mortgage off to get out of the situation. I really don't see how anyone is going to get excited because someone from another state paid for some moccs and they were never delivered by an "out of business" company with a deceased sole proprietor.

Latest posts

Back