• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Armsport Kentuckian.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flintlock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
While wondering through pawn shops a few months ago I spied a little rifle leaned in a corner behind the counter, looked pretty much like the old Thompson Center Seneca's so I asked to take a look. The gun is a Italian made Armsport Kentuckian half stock .50 with a very light 13/16" 30" barrel. The sights were both missing (ordered new ones for a CVA Kentucky) but very well taken care of for a gun most likely produced in the late 70's - 80's so $100 changed hands and out the door I went. I shoot 99% flintlocks but with the scarcity of good flint, too cold of weather to sit outside napping more and that I have a bit over a thousand #11 caps sitting around I think this will be my new hiking rifle. With roundball and 35-60 grain charges (going to keep them real light in this thin barrel) ( rifle weighs in at just under 5.25lbs) it should be a dandy hiking-small game gun yet with a heavy enough ball to offer protection from feral dogs and other nuisance critters. For less than $125 I'm hoping I did well. Can't find any pictures or info on this little gun, sure wish I could post a few photos but haven't figured that stuff out yet.

While wondering through pawn shops a few months ago I spied a little rifle leaned in a corner behind the counter, looked pretty much like the old Thompson Center Seneca's so I asked to take a look. The gun is a Italian made Armsport Kentuckian half stock .50 with a very light 13/16" 30" barrel. The sights were both missing (ordered new ones for a CVA Kentucky) but very well taken care of for a gun most likely produced in the late 70's - 80's so $100 changed hands and out the door I went. I shoot 99% flintlocks but with the scarcity of good flint, too cold of weather to sit outside napping more and that I have a bit over a thousand #11 caps sitting around I think this will be my new hiking rifle. With roundball and 35-60 grain charges (going to keep them real light in this thin barrel) ( rifle weighs in at just under 5.25lbs) it should be a dandy hiking-small game gun yet with a heavy enough ball to offer protection from feral dogs and other nuisance critters. For less than $125 I'm hoping I did well. Can't find any pictures or info on this little gun, sure wish I could post a few photos but haven't figured that stuff out yet.
I still have one. Looks like someone only showed it the rifling machine, but it shoots far better than I can

Got one in .45 flintlock, refinished the stock and left the barrel in the white, very accurate shooter, belongs to my younger son now.

6C50D907-C708-42CA-88D4-34966F53F7B3.jpeg

Back