• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Armi Sport, what's it worth?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an Armi Sport reproduction LePage cap lock pistol. It's .45 cal with a second (unused) barrel. I haven't been able to find any info on it's value. Do you have an idea what it would be worth?

Attachments

• IMG_4284.JPG
    IMG_4284.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4286.JPG
    IMG_4286.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 91
I have an Armi Sport reproduction LePage cap lock pistol. It's .45 cal with a second (unused) barrel. I haven't been able to find any info on it's value. Do you have an idea what it would be worth?
Chiappa has them listed for $725 but what I've seen sold (sales history research) over the last 3 years shows they have sold for around $200 - $300.

I had one of those. The nipple bolster is just a fancy screw in drum. Mine had left hand thread. The threaded part stuck far enough into the barrel breech to make it impossible to clean. Had to shorten it. Might set off a cap, might not.

It's a little concerning that the 2nd barrel isn't a direct fit and that could affect the value.
It may be an easy fix or it may not.
When you installed the 2nd barrel, how much daylight could be seen through the wedge hole?

You can basically see through. When I try to insert the wedge from the right it goes in about 2/3 of the way. From the left, about half way. I think it should be a relatively minor adjustment. I haven't tried to make any adjustments. Please see attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4354.JPG
    IMG_4354.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 83
Assuming that the breech plug and tang fit properly and that the hammer and nipple align properly, the wedge key is of little concern and can easily be fixed.

You can basically see through.
Thank you.
If you can fit another wedge before you list it for auction it should sell for more than if the barrel is unfitted.
Otherwise it would still be a "fixer upper."
It can be hard enough to sell a target pistol for it's value.
Obtaining that first bid at $400 or more plus shiipping can't be taken for granted since many black powder bidders are bargain hunters.
For comparison, a new Pedersoli Continental .45 Target pistol sells for $549.
And I recently noticed a poster unable to sell a like new TC Patriot .45 for $400 by a private ad.

There's always the possibility of selling the gun with only one barrel and then selling the other barrel on eBay.
I think that the price that you're asking for is realtively fair if including both barrels.
Throwing in free shipping would sweeten the pot, since most folks don't really need a 2nd barrel.
The cosmetically damaged barrel alone should be worth at least an extra $75 - $100 if the bore is good.
Maybe you could even polish up the finish.
But selling the gun with only that older barrel would definitely lessen the gun's value compared to selling it with only the newer barrel.
Maybe $350 - $400 if it were sold with only the newer barrel and it was already fitted with a wedge.

Did you buy it with any factory supplied accessories?

Last edited:
Thank you.
If you can fit another wedge before you list it for auction it should sell for more than if the barrel is unfitted.
Otherwise it would still be a "fixer upper."
It can be hard enough to sell a target pistol for it's value.
Obtaining that first bid at $400 or more plus shiipping can't be taken for granted since many black powder bidders are bargain hunters.
For comparison, a new Pedersoli Continental .45 Target pistol sells for $549.
And I recently noticed a poster unable to sell a like new TC Patriot .45 for $400 by a private ad.

There's always the possibility of selling the gun with only one barrel and then selling the other barrel on eBay.
I think that the price that you're asking for is realtively fair if including both barrels.
Throwing in free shipping would sweeten the pot, since most folks don't really need a 2nd barrel.
The cosmetically damaged barrel alone should be worth at least an extra $75 - $100 if the bore is good.
Maybe you could even polish up the finish.
But selling the gun with only that older barrel would definitely lessen the gun's value compared to selling it with only the newer barrel.
Maybe $350 - $400 if it were sold with only the newer barrel and it was already fitted with a wedge.

Did you buy it with any factory supplied accessories?

Thanks, the only other wedges I have are for rifles, and won't fit. I suspect if I just bent the wedge I have it would work with the new barrel. But, if not, I might get stuck with no fitting barrel. I don't have any other accessories. I've listed it with an opening bid of $295 plus shipping. I'm hoping to get some interest. If not, someone might get a bargain.

Back