SOLD ARMI SAN PAOLO 1861 Enfield Musketoon, .577 Cal.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
For sale is a like new Armi San Paolo 1861 Enfield Musketoon in .577 caliber. The barrel is 24" long and has 5-groove rifling. The wood stock is walnut. The proof date is AA, which is 1975. All of the bluing is 100% and the case hardening is as well. The stock and brass fittings have no marks nor dings on them. The musketoon has two brass bands, rather than steel bands, so I don't know if this was supposed to be a Confederate arm. $550 shipped.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dude

40 Cal
Reaction score
Very nice! I've got one as well and don't need another, made by Armi San Paolo in 1982 for Navy Arms, that also has the brass barrel bands, though they're painted or blacked out somehow. The ramrod, like yours, also is blued rather than left bare like the originals. The fit and finish on mine is top notch and it appears yours is also. I got mine a few months ago and haven't shot it yet, so have no other data to add. But I do like your sling - is it period correct (not that that matters much to me)? Where did you get it, or did it come with the gun?

I like the look of the brass barrel bands, and wanted to add that mine, again like yours, is quite a bit lighter than the earlier two band, so would be much easier lugging around in the woods.

jgraham1

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Very nice! Should be 1x48 twist wit a musket nipple of 8x1.25. ASP became Euroarms. Making my trigger finger itchy.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts