• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Arkansas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batesville area. Still very green to this. Just now got my persona nailed down. Now to outfit myself accordingly.

Understand. But Berryvile is a shoot, not a rendezvous. Period dress and camp are not necessary. I leave here for it Wed. and will come home Sunday.

Ah. Good to know. Im hoping to acquire my smoothbore around July. Ill then be looking at shoots. Is it “all periods welcome” or tailored to specific periods?

Ah. Good to know. Im hoping to acquire my smoothbore around July. Ill then be looking at shoots. Is it “all periods welcome” or tailored to specific periods?

It is a traditional muzzle loading shoot. There are smoothie matches and shotgun in addition to all the rifle matches. Not sure, but I don't believe there are any matches that allow inlines.

It is a traditional muzzle loading shoot. There are smoothie matches and shotgun in addition to all the rifle matches. Not sure, but I don't believe there are any matches that allow inlines.

Roger. I hope to make the next one with my smoothbore.

I am in Yellville. I used to go to the Berryville shoot years ago, I didn't know it was still active. I haven't been in close to twenty years. My three boys, wife and I would go to visit the vendors and watch the shooting. Last time we were at Berryville there were only a couple of vendors selling powder and trinkets, no gun parts or building supplies.
Mark Poley

I live just SW of Fayetteville. From here it's a good 2 to 3 hour drive to any good rendezvous. Go to the Early Arkansas re-enactors Association website. They're good friendly Folk. They have a list of events pretty much all over Ark. They also have a Non shooting rendezvous over Thanksgiving at Petit Jean State Park.

Go to the Early Arkansas re-enactors Association website. They're good friendly Folk. They have a list of events pretty much all over Ark.

I belonged to EARA for many years and can confirm there are a lot of good people there. Do understand, their focus is on reenacting, primarily the early years for Arkansas. There is little shooting. At most events none. Most of their activities are (or were when I was a member) in the south part of the state. Travel and boarding eventually became too much of an expense for me.

Back