• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Are you still growing your Garden?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomatoes coming on strong as are wax beans. Plenty of basil to add to the tomatoes for bruschetta. The potatoes are about ready to dig and I have a bunch of winter squash.

I planted turnips this morning for the first time. Usually I use that particular garden bed for spinach. Spinach wasn't successful last fall and winter so I may try some different spinach varieties in planters. Blue kale and red mustard seedlings are thriving in planters right now and are ready to transplant into the garden.

From my garden two days ago.
mild to wild1.jpg

Just finished canning all the tomatoes as sauce. It made a year's supply.
165++ lbs. of garlic hit the farm stand. selling well as braids, by the pound, and our own garlic powder.
Turning my attention to the dry beans of many varieties next. Buckets are lined up awaiting the bean machine. Makes short work of things as I have way too much to try and bang in a garbage can or stomp on burlap bags to shell them. Hardwood paddles on a go-cart axle strip the pods at 170 rpm, and a trap door underneath opens to dump the beans into a plastic cement mixing tub, ready for winnowing.
2014 10 11_4212 (1024x768).jpg

Back