• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Are YOU over 18?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here lately, every time I get on gunbroker it'll pop up this screen thanking me for my interest & telling the site is for people 18 & over & asking if I'm over 18. Sometimes does it 2 or 3 times while I'm looking around. No real big deal I guess but it sure is annoying. Anybody else get this nonsense?
Ha, ha! Maybe they're trying to 'out' those that haven't registered for the Draft!:)

When I was 5 years old my dad (who walked with crutches at that time) would send me down to the gas station on the corner to buy him a couple of packs of camels. As I recall, they were 25 cents a pack at the time. The guys working at the station would always give me manure but sold them to me anyway. Later in life, I always looked older than I really was (my mother would pull gray hairs out of my head when I was in high school). As a result, when I went away to college, I was 18 years old buying whiskey for 20 year olds because I never got carded. There was a bar in that college town that never carded anyone. One night it was full of 18 year old college students drinking beer when 4 policemen came in. They ordered everyone outside and told us to line up so we could be carded. Surprisingly, when the 4 policemen finally came outside to card the people lined up, there was no one in line who wasn't old enough but there were a lot of cars driving off out of the parking lot. Ah, for the good old days when people didn't take life so seriously!
I worked in reverse; I was 29 before people stopped carding me! Fortunately, I always looked younger that I was, so as I got older it had benefits!

Your answer to Gun Broker is to use Guns for Sale at GunsInternational.com. You deal with the seller directly and no seller fees, or buyers fees, the only fee a seller pays is $12 for a 3 month add, and $4 for parts. Bidding sucks anyway and you can make offers to the seller.
I remember sitting at a bar with my Dad drinking a draft beer at 14 when the drinking age was 18 and the voting age 21. Now it's backwards IMO.
Agreed: gunsinternational.com is better than scumbroker.

Here lately, every time I get on gunbroker it'll pop up this screen thanking me for my interest & telling the site is for people 18 & over & asking if I'm over 18. Sometimes does it 2 or 3 times while I'm looking around. No real big deal I guess but it sure is annoying. Anybody else get this nonsense?
doing it to me also

I've heard your only as old as you feel. Hell I'm 74, but I don't feel a day over,,,,,, 94.
Guess I had a rough paper route. Last time I got carded I was in second grade trying to buy those candy cigarettes.

I really like it when I'm asked if I over 18. A warm fuzzy feeling. They get a thank you.
from an old overweight guy. Makes me feel younger, but my brain says no.
gunny

Got the check after eating dinner one night. Trying to figure out the discount added. Got out my reading glasses... it was a seniors discount! lol
I took it and smiled
Yup, same here. Sweet little girl behind the register handed me back my change. Realizing it was too much and still being a Boy Scout I started to tell the young lady she gave me too much change, then it hit me :eek: my first senior discount :eek:

I haven’t gotten that yet but I always get the note about changing your password. I guess I always get it because I don’t change my password…

Yup, same here. Sweet little girl behind the register handed me back my change. Realizing it was too much and still being a Boy Scout I started to tell the young lady she gave me too much change, then it hit me :eek: my first senior discount :eek:
I was in a fast food place one day and the clerk waiting on me said he was giving me the senior citizen discount. I explained that I was not olf enough to quallify for it. He said I was. We bantered back and forth a bit and I finally realized this young man was giving me a discount and I was arguing with him so I could pay more. I shut up and took the discount.

Carded once in my life. I was 21, fresh home from basic training, on my way to a friends wedding and in my dress blues. The others with me were not carded and all college kids. Sad thing is the drinking age was 18.

I'm 73 but I identify as a juvenile delinquent.
I strained some muscles laughing at that one.

My cousin and were about 6 , we were standing at a bus stop puffing on candy cigarettes and an old lady came along and tore the cigs out of our mouths an threw them in the gutter and went off mumbling about "kids theses days " :)
In the early 1960's my ex was a 13 y.o. and looked 10. She was smoking a real Marlboro (her preferred brand) while standing in line at a theater. A twenty-something man asked, "Little girl, does your mother know you smoke cigarettes!?"

The truth was no, but she replied - "Who do you think buys them for me You Big Dumb Four Words Deleted!" - followed by a swift kick to his shin. She didn't get to see the movie, but she did outrun a limping, cursing, swearing, red-faced college sophomore.

Latest posts

Back