• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Are you going to shoot??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My clubs range has never shut down, Also have a place I can shoot on a friends range, never really gave it much thought, just went shooting.

If you are asking about the labor force, then I really have no idea, not being part of it. But all indoor and outdoor sports - excepting certain international competitions - athletics, soccer, rugby - that kind of thing, have been banned since early October. Oh, did I mention glof? Those folks who play glof-stick are somehow exempt from the plague that the bat/pangolin-eating chinese sent us, and have been cluttering up the glof-bat playing places all the time we were huddled in our mud huts, and occasionally dying.

However, there IS some good news - THIS email came this morning from our gun club secretary -

Dear Member -

In accordance with the government ‘roadmap’ and the NRA, Barnwell Range will reopen on Monday 29th March with Covid measures in place and going forward run a normal calendar at Barnwell.

Oundle Indoor Range will not open until September as it cannot under current guidelines be opened until 17th May by which time we would be outside at Barnwell in the evenings. Evening members can shoot in April at Barnwell at any session and then revert to their evening membership in May.

.22 competition shooters will be shooting at Barnwell with a 4pm start on Mondays & Wednesdays. There will be no Tuesday and Friday evening session at Barnwell until May.

Archery will run on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

Barnwell Range is closed on Good Friday but there will be a 9.30am-1pm session on Easter Monday.

The club room will not reopen until all social distancing measures are removed which is currently planned for June 21st.

All being well guest days should start again in July.

You will not be able to shoot at ORPC after the 31st March if you have not renewed your membership.

Kind regards

SJ - Club Secretary

Sounds like good news for you guys. The outdoor ranges around where I live in Middle America have stayed open as far as I know. Range closures would not affect me much since I can shoot some in my yard and hayfield, and have a couple hundred acres or more of land owned by relatives that I shoot on also. I was shooting off the front porch a few weeks ago at an armadillo, which did not survive.

Good for you, Sir. You really do live in a different world to us over here.

Here in UK, owning a couple hundred acres means that you are more than likely a millionaire. Unless you are a farmer, of course, in which case you may STILL be a millionaire.

Shooting in your backyard is illegal anyhow.

But then you know all this, right?

Back when our dear old friend Joe was with us, he and I used to go to a place up on a ridge in Western Oregon and shoot whatever we felt like. In fact, we really COULD shoot most anything we felt like except deliberately aiming stuff at an angle at which the bullet would travel more than three miles. Y'see, everything we could see - all around us - belonged to another friend who gave us the only key that wasn't on his key chain.

There's nowhere here in UK that's like that, and certainly nowhere to compare with his other spread of around 45,000 acres.

Middle America is mostly empty. In fact, despite what you might read, the USA itself is mostly empty.

Middle England is mostly full.

Back