Are we losing members?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by Shot deer, May 30, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 7, 2019 #301

1clayguy

1clayguy

1clayguy

Pilgrim

This site is for those that love the historic lifestyle and for the love of muzzleloading. I would humbly recommend those that want religious or political discussions create your own site or find a site that is geared to that area of interest. No malice in my statement, as I would likely agree with the religious or political posture of most on this site, but that's not why I joined The Muzzleloading Forum. It's the history and muzzleloaders. If you want quick enemies, discuss religion or politics.

Eterry, dave61965 and Carbon 6 like this.
  2. Jul 7, 2019 #302

rich pierce

rich pierce

rich pierce

70 Cal.

I’m thankful for Zonie’s work here. Moderating such hot topic discussions that really have nothing to do with content (the actual practice of muzzleloading) is unstisfying work at best.

3. Jul 7, 2019 #303

Frontier's

Frontier's

Frontier's

40 cal - b

yeah i dont see religious signatures running any folks off or preventing them from signing up.

This is happening everywhere and has spread big time into facebook. I actually left 100+ pages/groups simply due to the fact that no one is posting.

Hot weather? could be.. I know its preventing me from going out in my loincloth in fear of getting sun burnt.

4. Jul 7, 2019 #304

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

69 Cal.

Zonie's job would be a lot easier if people would comply with the forum rules, or at least read them.

hawkeye2 and dave61965 like this.
  5. Jul 7, 2019 #305

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

69 Cal.

You might be right, then again you might be myopic.

dave61965 likes this.
  6. Jul 7, 2019 #306

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

69 Cal.

Perhaps the most prudent thing to do is simply eliminate the signature option all together. After all only a small minority of members have a signature in the first place.
    It would eliminate the argument that isn't relative to muzzleloading. That way the focus can be on muzzleloading.

I highly doubt that there are any members who couldn't do without their signature. especially a religious one, after all this is a forum about traditional muzzleoading not a religious chat room. Surely everyone is here for the muzzleloading, not the religion.

dave61965 likes this.
  7. Jul 7, 2019 #307

sawyer04

sawyer04

sawyer04

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

I didn't explicitly mention denominations. I am not saying any Christian beliefs is dominant, but I am saying the USA was founded on Christian beliefs of all denominations, some that are fairly rare in these times. And at the same time I am not pushing any agenda, just historical facts.

8. Jul 7, 2019 #308

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

69 Cal.

I think that's a topic best left for another forum or at least the politics section of this forum.
    I come here for the muzzleloading not the proselytizing. I don't need to validate my religion by forcing it upon others.

Monsai52 and David Veale like this.
  9. Jul 7, 2019 #309

David Veale

David Veale

David Veale

36 Cl. MLF Supporter

Based upon this, is it safe to assume that most on this site are also pro-slavery, just like many of the founding fathers?

If we're to emulate the founding fathers in their religious traditions, then perhaps we should also emulate them in their humbleness, and not preach to the world about how wonderful our particular flavor of Christianity is.

hawkeye2 and Carbon 6 like this.
  10. Jul 7, 2019 #310

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Admin

This is a closed topic. Please go discuss Traditional Muzzleloaders and the equipment and such. The reason you signed up for the forum.

Eterry and S.Kenton like this.
  11. Jul 7, 2019 #311

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Admin

You were around since 2011 and that rule has always been there.

You first put it up on June 7th, and now you fuss. Wonder why you did not do it the previous 8 years.

Sorry other members. This is just someone breaking a rule he's knows about for 8 years and now tries to make an issue of it.

I really like 99.9% of all of you, but I am getting disgusted that a few that have been here a long time decide to start breaking the same rules that have been in place for a long time. Then fuss when they are called on it.

That's all I'm going to say on this. And the thread is still closed. Please go talk Muzzleloading.

Eterry, hawkeye2, 30coupe and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.