• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Are Shippers Targeting Guns?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if the "guns" are a target as much as folks working for UPS, USPS or Fed Ex really don't give a s**t. No quality in workmanship?
Me? If you don't like where you work or what you're doing, GTFO!! Not making enough $$$? Get some more smarts and get a better job.
And we wonder why there's a "Hand Basket" parked at the curb in front of our homes? :confused:

Just got a box delivered (about a month ago) 4"x 12"x 60". 1" x 4" frame lined with plastic , sprayed with expanding foam insulation with a Fowler stuffed in between. NOTHING moved and not a mark on the outside of the box.
Remark was made by the Post Master that it was the BEST packaging he had ever seen. Deliver to me (my name) and sent by the builder,(his name) and no mention of it's contents. ;)
There are SOME FOLKS that care but few and far between.
Insure your package WELL knowing you may get your $$$ back (in time) but that's better than nothing. :(
Exactly likw politicians. They don't give a damned about anything.
Have seen and used labels stating FRAGILE Glass Tubes, Test Instrument or similar on long gun packages. May not help, but won’t hurt.
Excellent suggestion. Plain box also with no indication of what's inside. If they ask you. Truck axle!

just a FYI. believe it or not, a complaint lodged with the better business bureau will get you further than anything. businesses take a filing very seriously.
my wife is handling her baby sisters estate. has been trying to get a refund from Verizon. they have sent 6 statements stating a 91.00 credit on the closed account. would not recognize the court order authorizing my wife as personal representative.
6 months of calls. one call friday to BBB and the refund is in the mail and phone call from a vp of customer relations apologizing profusely.
had my doubts but it works.

got a Pedersoli Mortimer in a Kibler shipping crate. USPS.
stock was broken through at the wrist. tire track across the crate. so sorry charlie is all they said
I remember young guys, who worked at UPS part time as loaders, laughing about how they would give packages marked “Fragile” extra kicks, drops, and throws. And that was back in the ‘90s.
What goes around comes around!

While searching for muzzleloader accessories, I found this statement. I posted this on the hazmat question posts, But I think I should put it here. I don't know if this is actual fact all over but it does raise a certain amount of suspicion.

OLD SOUTH FIREARMS & TRADING POST

Nationwide Distributer of Black Powder Muzzleloaders
Historical, Military, Cowboy and Contemporary Firearms, Umarex Air Guns,
Leather Goods, Ammo and a Large Selection of Shooting Supplies

No FFL Required For Muzzle-loader & Cylinder Purchases* (See exceptions at bottom of page)
FFL Required Firearms Are Located In The "FFL Categories" On The Left Side

NOTE: 1. WHEN COMPARING PRICES - ALSO COMPARE MODEL NUMBERS
2. CLICK ON THE "MORE INFO" BUTTONS TO SEE THE QUANTITY IN STOCK
3. RATE ITEMS BY GOING TO THE BOTTOM OF THE ITEM'S PAGE
4. YOUR SECURITY IS PROTECTED, CLICK "NS SECURE" BUTTON UPPER LEFT

Attention Customers:

ATTENTION: UPS is currently seizing and destroying firearms related packages. We HIGHLY recommend USPS at this time. We are waiting for clarification from UPS on how that affects muzzleloaders and parts. Accessories should be OK, but please order accordingly.

Also, We are constantly getting new shipments of products, but due to high demand certain items, such as revolvers, kits, rifles and some accessories are selling out within hours of arrival. If there is a specific item you are looking for, please e-mail us and we will be happy to put you on our contact list. Customers who do this will be informed the moment a certain item arrives.
For similar reasons, we are not taking backorders at this time.
Knock on wood but I have not yet had any issues with FedEx. UPS and USPS have been problems with regularity. I especially dislike their flippant "Well, it's insured..." Tell that to the collector/buyer who has looked high and low for months/years for a particular firearm only to have it destroyed/disappear/ or delayed if it is a gift...Last item shipped to me via USPS showed up 3 weeks after it's expected delivery date. USPS even tells you to not inquire about a missing item until 14 business days have gone by...then they will put a tracer on it

Here's the exceptions OSF lists.
*WARNING: Black powder firearms cannot be shipped directly to Canada, Washington D.C., Ohio, Hawaii, Massachusets, Rhode Island, Delaware or New Jersey, See Footnotes for the following locatons: *New York City; Bronx, Kings, Staten Island, Manhattan, Nassau, New York, Queens, Richmond, Long Island **Illinois and Washington State ***Michigan and Maryland , *****California. For Information on states with stars please see our SHIPPING page
There shipping policy has a link at bottom of their main page. Info is kept up to date and quite detailed. We use this as a shipping info source ALL THE TIME. The OSF folks are awesome!

I've used "pool noodles" to ship barrels and pad boxes. Basically pipe insulation. Most are hollow but I've seen different shapes now days. Ram rods ship well in a piece of pvc pipe. What ever you think is enough double it. Really disappointing receiving damaged merchandise.
This is NOT accidental damage.
What we are talking about,is woke chillenz destroying our personal property in the name of social injustice. DONT BE DIM!

This is NOT accidental damage.
What we are talking about,is woke chillenz destroying our personal property in the name of social injustice. DONT BE DIM!
Simply suggesting a couple ways to minimize damage, intentional or otherwise. No doubt they are targeting all gun related items. Fight back with extreme packaging.

Simply suggesting a couple ways to minimize damage, intentional or otherwise. No doubt they are targeting all gun related items. Fight back with extreme packaging.
I think perhaps stronger measures are required!someone nneeeeddds
A SPANKING!better late than never?
Or, perhaps"you will own nothing!
And you will be happy sounds great "?

Because he inadequately packaged it. They bought shipping insurance. IF they are honorable they will refund your money and deal with insurance claims.

I just sent a barrel out for reboring. I put in in a 4"x4"x 54" plywood box that was glued and screwed together. The barrel was set in high density foam blocks and about 4" at each end was padded. There was no shake, it was packaged tight. I attached a tug wire for the barrel maker to get it out of the box. I also got $500 in insurance for a nominal fee.

I expect all packages to be run over, stepped on, and thrown through the air. If you package accordingly you will be disappointed less often. Cardboard and peanuts is not adequate. We can not change it. Pack accordingly.
I agree packing say a 45 would probably help lots!

Back