• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Are guns by investarms any good

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glrerun

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have seen several percussion rifles made by Investarms priced at a pretty affordable price

Believe their "Hawken" and "Alpine Hunter" model rifles are the most commonly found and many shooters seem satisfied with the results. Don't have much experience with either and will let the others who do give you specifics.

Investarms makes Lyman.

They are as good as any factory gun out there.
New or Used in good condition,, Go for it, you'll have no regrets, :wink:

OLDER Cabelas were Invest arms. Look for one with a chrome lined barrel, NO EASIER cleaning PERIOD. And they sell about 2/3 of the cost of the Lyman (But I think I will be picking up a GPR as I found a deal on a leftie).

I have a Cabelas Hawken with both 50 and 58 barrels. They are very sound good guns if they are taken care of like any gun. It was made by Investarms. I would not hesitate to pick up another if needed.

I had a Cabela's Hawken (built by Investarms), passed it on to my best friend back in '03, still going strong! :thumbsup:

I got the idea that the Lyman GPR and Investarms were made by the same folks. Had an Investarms that belonged to a friend that was broken. Cabelas came to the rescue with replacement parts. The rifles are decent and appear to be a T/C knockoff.

investarms are cut corners type. alumiun instead
steel plastic etc. but are the same quality as lyman as far as lock and barrels. u can buy a investarms 200 less than a lyman gpr

Well, Compared to most makes out there, they give up nothing on quality and performance.
It's most likely a 1/48 twist and will shoot round balls and maxis just fine. You will have to dial it in for best loads and powder measures that give good accuracy for your intended purposes. You gat a good one!

I have an Investarms Hawken in .54 caliber.

I have no complaints about it yet.

It was made for Cabelas in the early 1990s and I don't really have any thing to compare it with.

Although I would think it is better in construction quality than my Spanish guns.

Given Italian gun making history, I would assume better quality control during manufacture, but then again that is only an assumption.

I do tend to think that opinions of Italian and Spanish arms in forums like these will possibly have a bearing on future quality of manufacture of these arms.

Improvements in quality means a better reputation and better sales.

I mostly shot Minie and maxi conicals out of my Hawken.

I have used it for round ball, but never settled on an accurate load, so I have not shot as many of those as I have of conicals.

It has done fair with the conicals from 80 to 100 yards. My best accuracy with it was between 50 and 75 yards.

I have not really used it all that much further than those ranges, but have taken only a very few shots out of it with patched round ball beyond the ranges mentioned above.

The Italian guns are, in general, very good quality; more-so than the Spanish creations. The barrels, though, on both are as about as good as they get on a factory gun. The weak link seems to be the flint locks they come with (both makers). they are mostly good/very good but are often very, very bad. One thing about Italian and Spanish bp guns is that normally even the cheapest models are very serviceable in percussion mode. I would not hesitate to pick up a model of either one, flint or percussion, for the right price. I've owned several (both countries) and was quite satisfied with them all.

I have 3 investarms. one is a parts gun. the others ,a .54 and a .50 shoot better than I can hold them. I am especially fond of the little .54 Carbine. Loaded with maxihunters ahead of 90gr of ffg Goex, or Pyrodex equivalent, it packs a most forbidding wallop.

Very happy with my Lyman Plains rifle. I think quality/finish a bit lower than my TCs but not much. Shoots PRB in 58 as well as conicals well.

I have 2 - .50 Investarms. One is 'new in box' that I just bought from a BP collector. The other one is my shooting rifle that I bought 2 years ago. I am still experimenting with powder charges to find the most accurate load. I want to put a Deerslayer trigger in it whenever those become available again.

Latest posts

Back