• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

April 2022 Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot at the buffalo today - kind of humbling! Posted it on a white target stand and could not make out anything on the paper at 25 yds, so added the black dots. Only the third time I have shot this little flintlock and I will have to practice a bit more! Looking forward to the May target.

(Missed the chance to shoot the March taget so I shot it today for fun - it was a challenge as well!)

April 2022 Completed Target.jpg

March 2022 Completed Target.jpg

I tried out the T/C New Englander .50 on this month’s target. Looks like it has some barrel issues. Patches had some cuts, and accuracy was terrible. The first four shots at the lower buffaloes got me two shots on the target. I upped the powder to 70 grains, swabbed, used more lube on the patches, and it got a bit better. The last four shots on the upper buffaloes didn’t look too bad. I still only got three on the target but they placed OK.

4 ML ForumTarget April 2022.jpg

4 ML Forum Target April 2022 NewEnglander.jpg

T/C New Englander
Hornady .490 RB
.018 Mattress Ticking
60g then upped to 70g 3F Schuetzen
Ballistol/Water 1:4 Patch Lube

Most of my shots are low and/or left. I must be pulling the for-end back to the shoulder. Now that I'm going to be getting to the range (Hopefully) a bit more. I'll start to critique my shooting as if I'm instructing my kids and grand-kids. Back to class. Thanks for the words. I'm feeling better every week.

Sorry for the delay guys, my mom had an emergency colostomy late Sunday night and I have been away from home since. Look for results to be posted late next week.

Prayers would be much appreciated

Chris

Thanks guys, the good news is my mom was transferred to an inpatient rehab facility last Friday and I returned home yesterday. She has a long road ahead but things are looking up and up. It's been a rough 2 weeks for sure though.

It looks like we have some avid Buffalo hunters in this group for sure!

1. GaryPL- 19pts, .45cal Flint, .440 ball, 40gr 3f, .015 patch.

2. Bcayton- 17pts, 45 kibler smr, stumpy's moose snot lube.

3. Flinter1977- 16pts, .54 Joe Sheel flintlock, 90gr 2f, .530 cast ball, .015 pt patch.

3. RanchRoper- 16pts, frontier .50 flintlock, 50gr 3f, .490 ball, .010 patch.

4. Crooked creek- 10pts, TC New Englander, .490 ball, .018 patch, ballistol/water.

5. SurryWoodman- 6pts, traditions .50cal (couldn't quite make out the rest in the photo)

Great shooting guys!

Chris

Latest posts

Back