• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Apple dessert

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tried it at camp. I can’t say I recall seeing this as a recipe but so many things done like this simple.
One dried apple, just covered with water in a small can/pot.
bring to a boil. When dried apple starteto Plump out add raisins, a bit of sugar, I used maple sugar for an extra kick. Dash of cinnamon a bit of nutmeg. The a piece of ships bread/hard tack, broke to meal consistency and stired in. Left at edge of fire to keep warm until liquid all absorbed
A good hastily apple pie

I'm going to try a baked apple, core it, fill with brown sugar and raisin- neither require refrigeration, wrap in foil and bake in the coals about an hour?

Ought to be good.
To be HC you might try mud
You can core an apple, fill with butter,cinnamon and sugar mix, surround with a flour and fat paste, wrap in cloth and boil about an hour. To get an apple pudding.

Call me anything but late for dinner! Camp or reenactment stuff is very interesting to me. I am somewhat at sea on how to put together a correct kit, I am keen on 1750 - 1780 era, but also interested in 1830 - 1865 period. I suppose separate kits for separate eras is called for. At any rate, yum!

Call me anything but late for dinner! Camp or reenactment stuff is very interesting to me. I am somewhat at sea on how to put together a correct kit, I am keen on 1750 - 1780 era, but also interested in 1830 - 1865 period. I suppose separate kits for separate eras is called for. At any rate, yum!

This is where I am at as well with my kit. I’m trying to stay in and around 1800-1830. As of late there have been a few threads on this forum that have been pretty helpful.

RM

Rod Man… I’ve said it before, this place is a deep, deep source of quality info on everything muzzleloading. My depth of ignorance is quite stunning to me, but it gets a little shallower every day

I am somewhat at sea on how to put together a correct kit
Welcome to the club. Everyone started somewhere. You will encounter 'experts' who will tell you you did it wrong. And, others who will compliment you on doing it right. Don't jump in too quickly. Attend rendezvous and other events and build your outfit/kit a bit at a time. Often there are no 'right' or 'wrong' ways to do things. Sometimes just changing a hat can change the persona.

Back