• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Apple Cart Creations

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The other day I decided I wanted another Jeff White knife to compliment the French trade knife I bought years ago. I found that Apple Cart Creations has some in stock along with matching sheaths, so I ordered the Longhunter knife a couple of days before Christmas. The day after I ordered I received an email from them with a picture of the actual items they were shipping to me, and they showed up yesterday. Just wanted to pass along a vendor that has excellent service.

https://www.applecartcreations.com/

The other day I decided I wanted another Jeff White knife to compliment the French trade knife I bought years ago. I found that Apple Cart Creations has some in stock along with matching sheaths, so I ordered the Longhunter knife a couple of days before Christmas. The day after I ordered I received an email from them with a picture of the actual items they were shipping to me, and they showed up yesterday. Just wanted to pass along a vendor that has excellent service.

https://www.applecartcreations.com/
sleepingbulldog:
Just wanted to ask if you're knee deep in PC/HA? The reason I ask is because. While I certainly DO NOT disparage Jeff White's excellent work, there are more than a few knife makers here who do equally as well in the "Looking PC" department. And if you look closely at Jeff White's Sheathes, they are NOT hand (PC) stitched as are most of what you will find here.
For the Record The Leather sewing machine was invented in 1853 by William Wickersham in Lowell Mass. There WERE cloth sewing machines prior to that, but this was the first machine designed specifically to sew leather. 1853 - William Wickersham's Patent Model of a Sewing Machine (leather)
Jeff White's sheathes are machine sewn by his daughter under the name of Mouse Made. If you're looking to actually be 100% PC then check out some of the fine knife craftsmen here who hand stitch all their work.
By no means am I trying to be an inciter of Ill will. I'm just making an observation based on your vendor suggestion. I think Jeff White's work is fantastic, BUT if you're looking to be COMPLETELY PC, then his sheathes fall short.
Just my opinion.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I'm not hugely concerned about having PC gear, although if the reenactment bug bites me in the future I could see myself going that direction. I mainly just bought the knife because I liked the other one I had.

I definitely see what you're saying about the sheath...while it's a nice sheath, the stitching is very obviously modern.

I'm not hugely concerned about having PC gear, although if the reenactment bug bites me in the future I could see myself going that direction. I mainly just bought the knife because I liked the other one I had.

I definitely see what you're saying about the sheath...while it's a nice sheath, the stitching is very obviously modern.
sleepingbulldog:
Thank you. I'm glad I didn't start a range war over this.:~))) I didn't mean to be critical, just informative.

In hindsight, I thought about my post and realized that this is the vendors forum and your vendor has NO control over the maker of the items he sells.
That being said, I apologize to Apple Cart Creations for my criticism of their Jeff White knife sheathes.
Yeah, if you do ever go PC/HA there's a number of great knife maker/leather craftsmen here.
Happy New Year.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Back