• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

appalichian hunter's new shooting bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am posting this on behalf of @appalichian hunter. The shooting bag I had made inspired appalichian hunter to get out the leather and tools and build one that suited him and his needs and I think you'll agree he hit it out of the park. His whole kit is great. Here is his description and photos.

"every thing in the pics with the exception of the flat prime horn and wampum and the fort megis axe I made the bag is not gusseted but double stitched around the edge all Sri hung is with hand waxed linen thread as I am a minimalist when hunting the bag is big enough to hold three days Supplies to feed the 62 cal Christians springs long rifle it is a lined bag of a period correct type coverlet as you can see on pics of shoulder strap which is non adjustable as the area I hunt can get pretty thick and figured buckles would be one less thing to get hung up on the bag hangs comfortably at my hip on the right side as I am a left handed shooter and there is enough length for additional clothing as temps dictate I still need to make a deer horn measure and a pic and wisk set with a hand made chain I decided not to put a knife sheath on the bag as I wear a neck knife for cutting patch material as stated I did not want to accurately copy your bag but incorporate aspects of it if you want you have my permission to post this on the forum - appalichian hunter"

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Well, that certainly has everything involved with being a mountain man in simple carry.
Good use of pinking shears,
A Germain Silver "Hunter's Star" inlay on the flat horn would be the apex,,
Well done. 😉

Back