• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Apology

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davecarter

32 Cal
Reaction score
My apology for my posts on estate sale.
I was trying to follow what I understood the rules to be.
I came to this site for both information and help in selling the items from my brother's estate.
I received a message that my posts did not follow the rules and were removed.
There was no explanation of which rule I had violated.
Thanks to those who responded before they were removed.
I think will just go to Ebay, since I have sold items there before, and there is scam protection.

I came to this site for both information and help in selling the items from my brother's estate.
I received a message that my posts did not follow the rules and were removed.
There was no explanation of which rule I had violated.
Thanks to those who responded before they were removed.
I think will just go to Ebay, since I have sold items there before, and there is scam protection.
You just asked what they were worth in the for sale section. Should have done that in the pistol and rifle section. Then when you decided what you were going to sell each item for, repost each item in the appropriate for sale section. Each item has to be listed separately and have a piece of paper with your forum name and the date on it for each item that is being sold. It is also a good idea to list what form of payment you will accept and whether the price includes shipping or price plus shipping. It is easy.

Ebay doesn't allow complete rifles and pistols for sale. I have seen complete kits removed lately.

You just asked what they were worth in the for sale section. Should have done that in the pistol and rifle section. Then when you decided what you were going to sell each item for, repost each item in the appropriate for sale section. Each item has to be listed separately and have a piece of paper with your forum name and the date on it for each item that is being sold. It is also a good idea to list what form of payment you will accept and whether the price includes shipping or price plus shipping. It is easy.

Ebay doesn't allow complete rifles and pistols for sale. I have seen complete kits removed lately.
Thank you very much.
I just verified that on ebay.
I shall try to do it right.
If always helps if the student is told exactly what he did wrong.

An estate sale? Then you do not actually own the items, do you? That's one thing. No third party selling. Were there several items in the post? Only one item per listing, unless everything in said listing is sold as one lot.

I remember seeing those,
If I remember correctly, you asked for the value of the items and then just said they were for sale.
Another important requirement is that an item needs a "photo with your forum name and a date" to help prevent fraud.
Fraudsters can just copy a photo from anywhere and list it for sale, an actual photo with a hand written note, helps others see the item is in your possession.

You can list an item at a high price then say, Or Best Offer, "OBO" if your not sure of value.
There are enough people watching these ad's to assure you won't get low-balled, it's always your choice to accept a price or not.
Good luck with your endeavors, honest.

Dave, you might contact one of the moderators directly via private message and discuss the possible sale of your brother’s muzzleloaders here.

To private message them click on their username and you will see a box “start conversation “ click it and go from there.

This used to be a friendly forum with gentleman who trusted each other. I don't know where that went.
Nothing has changed except, possibly, your perception of things. I trade here frequently and my experiences have all been gentlemanly. On occasion I have shipped even before being notified payment has been sent. Never a problem.

All of these niche interest sites are targets for scammers especially if you dont take the most basic precautions. Its not so much that the site or the regular posters changed - its that scammers realized the general trust in special interest communities made them ripe fraud.

All of these niche interest sites are targets for scammers especially if you dont take the most basic precautions. Its not so much that the site or the regular posters changed - its that scammers realized the general trust in special interest communities made them ripe fraud.

Totally agree.
On another forum I saw someone posting, buying, selling, making worthwhile on topic threads... and then wham. He took advantage of some members giving nature by saying his home and shop burnt down, he had a couple kids, he had a couple big ticket items for sale... and then he disappeared after making a big score.

It's the world we live in now.

ebay is a far left anti-gun organization they will not even let you list muzzleloaders there. you might be able to list some parts but they will not allow the complete gun.
eBay used to allow complete firearm sales but learned the hard way when they were sued as one of the defendants for the transfer of a gun to an unlicensed person that, subsequently, was used in a crime.

Since I have been a member here everyone has been grate. No issue with buying from anyone. The new rule helps further the trust garnered on this forum. Not many places left like this site anymore. I enjoy coming here everyday.Even gun broker has had issues with scammers and look how big they are? The name and picture does help with another level of trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back