• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Anything for a new guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juniata

40 Cal
Reaction score
I am just starting out trying to get some of stuff, pre rev to rev war period.
I have breaches so far that's it.

I want leggings, preferably buckskin, don't have to be.
Hunting shirt. I wear size medium.
Maybe a frock.
Wide belt.

I don't know much about it to be honest. Read some books but it's all fairly now to me, I'd want to look like a frontiersman.
Big wide brimmed hat too. I wear as size 7 ³/⁸

If ya got anything let me know. Thanks

Juanita - hit the trade fairs and larger shoots, it'll take time but you can get a lot of what you want at places like this. Another option is to have it made or make it yourself.
My daughter made me a shirt and waistcoat and I purchased a hat years ago and a frock from Etsy, still looking for pants and footwear myself. The style can be whatever you put together which I would expect would be the way of the times too. best of luck and this rabbit hole is pretty deep isn't it??!

Brian, you should find some stuff at the “gunmakers fair at Kempton” on July 29,30,&31. Lots of vendors and seminars. You may wanta take the gun you built to be judged. Who knows, you may come home with a ribbon.

Also, the Fort Fredrick 18 century market fair is coming up. April 21,22,23,&24. Lots of vendors there too. And a section for the blanket sale where people sell used stuff.

Brian—I have this hand blocked hat that I do not wear. Like new condition. I had the milliner make it to look like Jim Bridger’s hat. PM me if you are interested, and we can chat via phone.

Attachments

• 67E20017-7EA5-4423-A7C5-C94C9DBC2281.jpeg
    67E20017-7EA5-4423-A7C5-C94C9DBC2281.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 1598B311-31A0-4F30-AC43-205020492108.jpeg
    1598B311-31A0-4F30-AC43-205020492108.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the replies.
I am going to Fort Frederick for Saturday. Hopefully find some stuff!

Back