• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone use that flintlock cleaning clamp/tube from TOW?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard it both ways, and for me i made a clamp and when i start my main rinse scrub the rifle is held barrel down and i just lt the suds fall i tried quills and toothpicks tigs and other things wirh only some success
I used to put tape over my touch hole wirked good

I've been using one for 20 years. As stated before, if it fits your gun it will work.
I remove the lock and stuff the lock inlet with a paper towel just incase of a slight leak but have never had a problem.

SC45-70

Bought one. Used it a few times but could never get it tight enough to prevent gunk rolling down my stock so, I gave up on it. It now resides in the bottom of my range box.

One thing I absolutely hate when cleaning a rifle is for dirty water to run down the stock and stain both it and any brass it crosses. Best thing I have found for this is simply a tight fitting toothpick in the touch hole....just my 2 cents, Mick

Smollett said:
...and how'd it work?

It works great, Smollett! My rifles stay squeeky clean using the flush method and Ballistol. BTW, the lock comes off and I scrub it with some dish detergent and an old toothbrush, then dry it with a towel or paper towel and set it out in the sun to thoroughly dry while the rifle is being cleaned with flush kit. Then I spray lock down with Ballistol and wipe of excess.

I bought one to use on a Trade rifle that has a Chambers lock and fixed touch hole. I think it would work better with a removable touch hole liner as it builds up a lot of pressure when you pull the cleaning patch up from the bottom. I have only used it twice and am going to keep working with it before I put it in the doesn't work in my gun drawer.

My Trade rifle is difficult to clean and I went to this to see if it would work better than using 25 patches to clean the barrel. So far it doesn't.

Back