• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone use 777 Powde for Revolvers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Unavailability :hmm:
2) Unreal HAZMAT charges :surrender:
3) Pyrodex ain't THAT bad.... :shake:

CaptainKirk said:

1) No UPS service near you?

2) $20? No fee with larger order. No friends?

3) :rotf:

Capper said:
CaptainKirk said:

1) No UPS service near you?

2) $20? No fee with larger order. No friends?

3) :rotf:

I see your point, Pete.
I guess if I was to make it economical, I'd have to "buddy up" with a couple other BP shooters and do one big order; spread the HAZMAT charge amongst us. Unfortunately, I only hang with one BP shooter at present; he's still building his GPR and wants to shoot RS in it. I s'pose I could work on him over the next few weeks, though. After all, I talked him into the GPR... :wink:
Guess I need more friends? :idunno:

The cool part is if you buy a bigger order there's no HazMat or shipping fees.

It comes out to about $13 a lb with no sales tax. :thumbsup:

Capper said:

Well, don't want to hijack this thread, but who do you buy yours from? Website info, etc? Thanks! :v

Capper said:

I think you meant to say:

"...if you buy a bigger order there's no additional HazMat fee."

The Haz Mat fee is per shipment and there usually are additional shipping fees for heavier packages.

Zonie said:
Capper said:

I think you meant to say:

"...if you buy a bigger order there's no additional HazMat fee."

The Haz Mat fee is per shipment and there usually are additional shipping fees for heavier packages.

Actually, I meant what I said. If you buy 25 lbs you just pay for the powder.

I see what you mean.

If I was selling 25 cans of powder at $13.00 each you would be paying $325.00 for the order.

With an order that large I can see how the seller can afford to pay the Haz Mat fee and the shipping and still make a tidy profit.

On the other hand, some of our members don't want to spend $325 for a supply of powder that will last them 15 years. :hmm:

Zonie said:
I see what you mean.

If I was selling 25 cans of powder at $13.00 each you would be paying $325.00 for the order.

With an order that large I can see how the seller can afford to pay the Haz Mat fee and the shipping and still make a tidy profit.

On the other hand, some of our members don't want to spend $325 for a supply of powder that will last them 15 years. :hmm:

That's true, but anybody who would buy 25 lbs of powder would be a shooter, and not take that long to use it. :wink:

Capper said:
Zonie said:
I see what you mean.

That's true, but anybody who would buy 25 lbs of powder would be a shooter, and not take that long to use it. :wink:
Oh, I dunno....I bought 500 count .45 cal 405gr FN bullets to load in my .45/70 High Wall, and I still have a bunch left. It's like the box with the bottomless pit.
25 lbs of powder would go a long, long way with me.

Icivil war reenact besides live firing of all my BP, both long and short. I Roll over a 500 rounds of blank cartridges(60grn) for each upcoming season I can get about 100 rounds per pound of powder-theres 5 pounds right there. and live firing may consume another 3-5 pounds. So on the high side I may go through 10 pounds per year. so why would I want to tie up an additional $2-$300 of my hard earned money just to have the powder sitting around. I would rather have that 2-300 bucks being used(and I do)buying more BP weapons :rotf: . Thats one way how I can afford to buy a couple of guns each year to add to my personal collection. Hey I can resell them if things get desperate, or as my wife says "your guns will pay for your funeral". You can't resell shot BP. And how many pounds of powder do you need for "just in case"--5? 10? 30?

Shoot CAS if you want to burn some powder. :shocked2:

For just hunting i'm lucky to shoot 1 lb a year.

My plans were to shoot Coyotes with BP too, but it just doesn't work that good. The shots are too long. I had to go back to a .223

I like to shoot and all I have to do is walk out the front door.
This time of year I have cattle getting in the way of my long range targets sometimes, but I still go through a lot of powder.
Just with my only muzzle loader, I can burn up a pound in a week easy. But, that's getting spendy for my wallet anymore.

Capper said:
Using 777 is like using a 209 primer on a caplock.

If you want more power use Swiss.

I can't understand why anyone would want to use modern powder on a traditional gun? Why not go all the way and use an inxxxx too? Scopes mount on them real easy, and you can shoot those funny plastic bullets.

Bah humbug!

Crabby old fart shuffles away.....

Don't worry Capper, you aren't the only one of your breed. I'm 24 and would just as soon give all my guns away and join hands singing "koom bay yah" as defile my gun cabinet with an inline contraption shooting "substitute" powder.

Back