• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone seen The Black Fox ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squib load

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi,I watched the first movie last night,and there are 2 more to go.Its called the black fox,set in 1861.Its about 2 men one black and 1 white who left Carolina for texas to exscape the civil war.There are plenty of black powder weapons.Take a look ,you will like it.squib

Had to laugh at the premise of that one. If they came to Texas, it'd be no escape. In fact, the black man would be grabbed and enslaved unless he had definite proof of having been freed and maybe not even then!

They were filmed around here. I was an extra on one, the 3rd I think - there were a bunch of Henrys or pseudo-Henrys among the long-arms. The bad guys are robbing something (bank? gambling house?) in town (actually part of Heritage Park in Calgary) and the locals got wind and set up an ambush. I'm wearing a brown suit, pop out from behind a bush, and let fly with a brass-framed .36 Remington (!!!). As they edited the version I saw, my face was always obscured by something, but I hit one of the outlaws. Everything else I did in it was too far from the camera or on the cutting room floor.

Regards,
Joel

Well Joel, that makes you a pseudo-celebrity! Every time I've been involved in some event that was taped for use, I've been just off camera to the left, right or sideways...though one time by left hand got in the shot since I was the only guy with a bayonet and they needed to have it in the foreground as a Mexican soldier's eye view of San Jacinto. "See the hand? That's moi!!"...didn't even get my 15 minutes!!! :rotf:

Hey, Wes. I thought I recognized that hand! :grin: Actually, I know that situation fairly well. For a while, I was doing a moderate amount of background work and I think I was recognizable once, maybe twice, in Lonesome Dove, the Outlaw Years and maybe in one place in In Cold Blood. Ah, well, it was an interesting hobby while I had the flexibility in time to do it.

Regards,
Joel

Back