• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone recognize this proof mark?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waarp8nt

Smidgin Injun
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
East of the Kaskaskia River in Illinois Country
Anyone recognize this proof mark? It's on a back action lock rifle.

Screenshot_20221209-060952_Chrome.jpg

That isn't a proof mark as it is cast into the metal. Proof marks are always stamped (impressed) into the metal after proof, not during the making of the barrel.

Pics of the gun will help and location of the mark.

I am leaning towards belgium but with the scant info and lack of pics, it will be almost impossible at this point to help you out much.

Last edited:
Are you sure that it is a proof mark? Could it be a makers mark?

Pics of the gun will help and location of the mark.

Gentlemen, I was hoping for a quick response on this one as the gun coming up on an online auction on the 10th of December (next day after original post). Picture was borrowed and cropped from the auctioneers website. Not sure if it's proof or makers mark.

No big deal, I did make the purchase as the location of the auction pick-up was about a mile from my house. I have disassembled it and tossed it in the shop corner for later use. I can take more pics if anyone is interested.

Starbucks

For not much more than the price of a cup "Starbucks" I recieved a a broken stock, back action lock and a swamped barrel with a little hardware. 😀

Latest posts

Back