• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone into antique crossbows?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTyler7011

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I’ve found that my weapon interest is slowly shifting further and further back in history.

Anyone know much about medieval crossbows? Are there many antique originals? Does anyone make repros? Is there a community in it similar to that of muskets?

If I had I guess, old ones don’t really exist anymore since they were mainly just wood

Wrong forum. I don’t know if there is one or not. I see a few 19 th century target ones for sale online. They are cool, though.

There are many examples of 15 -16th century crossbows in museums in Europe. Some are very ornate and show outstanding craftsmanship. They were mainly weapons of war but were also used for hunting by nobility and people of means. I got on a crossbow kick a few years ago and built a few. This is one I built to hunt with. 200lb steel prod, will do 360 fps through a chrono with a 600 gr. arrow. A very effective weapon, fun to build, even more fun to shoot.
IMG_0464.JPG

I’ve found that my weapon interest is slowly shifting further and further back in history.

Anyone know much about medieval crossbows? Are there many antique originals? Does anyone make repros? Is there a community in it similar to that of muskets?

If I had I guess, old ones don’t really exist anymore since they were mainly just wood
I've always like crossbows but never got into buying them.
Here's a search I just did. Some are really expensive which typically means they are well made and period correct.

reproduction crossbow at DuckDuckGo

This is a muzzleloading forum.

Although I allow mention of bow's and crossbows, we don't discuss them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back