• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone in Wisconsin sell BP?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone in the dairy state sell real BP I don’t want to go through the hassle and expense of ordering it and was wondering if someone stocks the real stuff anywhere around the dane county area?

All you can do is get on your phone and call all the gun stores/sports stores in your area. Dont be surprised if some of them mix "real black" up with pyrodex, or worse yet dont know what it is.
In order for a store to sell black powder, they have to have a "magazine" so big, and so many feet from they're store, to store it in, which you will find none of them have.
I order most of my black powder from "Grafs". It is no hassle, if you order at least 5 pounds. you can mix the granulation also. This is what I would do.

Good luck Dave.

I’m in Kenosha, and usually order from Graf’s. I don’t normally go into the People’s Republik of Illinois, but I know the guy in Mineral, IL, usually has tons of it, but doesn’t ship.

Anyone in the dairy state sell real BP I don’t want to go through the hassle and expense of ordering it and was wondering if someone stocks the real stuff anywhere around the dane county area?

I have ordered it on several occasions and there was no hassle at all. Seems like there was a form of some sort to fill out, but it was not bad.
Order several pounds to spread out the Haz-Mat and freight per pound. You and your friends will use it all eventually anyway.

I'm from Sheboygan Falls area and have gotten it from Bill's Sportshop in Lomira, but that was around 5 years ago I think. It would be worth calling to check. Their website is not much help.
There is a bigger gun store across the road in Lomira, but I don't know if they deal in muzzleloader stuff.

Been to Bill's Sport Shop in Lomira today (06/16/2023) and yes, they do have Scheutzen currently in stock for around $30 a pound. The "bigger gun store across the road" is a hunter's heaven, but not much for muzzleloader stuff; I did surprisingly enough find some #10 caps there. I should have bought more than one tin. Dummy.

I checked Bills Sport Shop and found their price higher than any where else. Crater Fire Works in Mineral Ill had lots of it the last time I stopped there. Price was great. He is out in farm country and does not have a sign advertising his business, it is best to call to see if he is home. His phone # is815-542-6287

I have bought about 6 lbs from them Last time was a couple years ago. It is not displayed. Ask the counter man nicely if they have any. You might want to call first if it's a drive. 1.5 hrs from me

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back