• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone hunt turkeys with a .32 caliber rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a kid no one ever heard of a deer lease. You might lease land for grazing livestock or farming, but not hunting.

If you wanted to hunt on land you didn't own you talked to the owner. That usually did it

I guess the first I heard of this was a friend of dad's went to Colorado and helped a rancher for a week, then got to hunt a week. I guess as time became more precious than money folks started paying instead of working.

Now those that can afford it pay huge sums to hunt. And land owners start high fencing and feeding deer to keep them paying. It's become a revenue stream for the land owners.

There's about 1800 acres of public land 30 miles from me, otherwise it's a 90 minute drive to 20,000 acres of public land. My family farm is 45 minutes away. So i prefer it.

I hope you tag out, Broken.

Here in Pa, we have approx. 1 and 1/2 million acres of public land to hunt from. I consider that pretty good for a state that is probably one quarter the size of Texas.

Georgia deer hunting is the best I've ever experienced. But I've only hunted in 4 states. Here in Maine it's mostly forested and wild. Very small population and that pleases me to no end. Don't care to live near the Gulf of Mexico; the after effects of gulf storms and Atlantic hurricanes in Georgia were more than enough for me.

Colorado says everything .36 and up is ok :doh: at this point it is my pet peeve!

This is a spinner that has been shot by .22s thousands of times by now at ranges from 20-50 yards. There are also some small dings from 15 yards .22 mag hits. Look what 20 grains of FFFG behind a .32 ball did to it at 25 yards! Two Craters where 22 mags hardly make a ding, yet it is "Too Weak to kill a Turkey" according to my state.
IMG_3362.JPG

does any one ever load shot in a 32 CAL? if so what load would you use & what wad column?

Loading shot in a rifled bore usually ends up making shot patterns with very little shot in the center to hit the game or target. It also leads up the rifling grooves with lead that was sheared off of the pellets when the gun is fired.

To me, that's two reasons not to load shot in any rifle, including a .32.

Back