• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Anyone have experience with the TC White Mountain

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swquiro

40 Cal.
Reaction score
carbine? It looks awfully short, and weighing in at 6.5#, it must punish at the rear end. Yet..., maybe its a nice little package. How about some input? Thanks.

I bought and used one of the first ones made with 1 - 20 twist. Used for hunting, I loved it. I had been using a T/C Renagade before that and welcomed the lighter weight. Yeah you knew it when she went off but it wasn't that bad and as I said the gun was for hunting where you never notice the recoil.

I actually just sold mine last year and kick myself for doing it.

I've had two of them, both 50cal. Wish I still had one. Wouldn't shoot round balls worth a hoot, twist to fast, shredded patches. Shooting buffalo bullets it had a pretty nice wallop to the shoulder, but wasn't too bad due to rubber buttplate. First one was earlier model not tapped for scope mount; second one was. The scoped one would nudge your eyebrow if you weren't careful. The single trigger wasn't bad either; nice little deer rifles.

Thanks Swamp Rat and 2thDoc. How was accuracy at 50-75yards? Did you try 60gr 2Fg? Should have been easier on the shoulder, and still have enuf oompf for the largest of corn bandits. Would still have around 500fp at 100yd.

Due to a move, I have misplaced the records I kept on load performance of my BP guns. I do remember that 90 gr of 2F was more accurate than 100 gr from my gun but not by much. I had a 75 yard zero and could keep most of em within a 2" to 2 1/2" group off the bench and cleaning the gun after each shot. I'm sure you can go lighter but I do this all from a wheel chair or a CATV and find it a bit hard to chase them, so I prefer to hit em as hard as I can. ::

I was shooting 70gr of pyrodex P in mine. Accuracy with solid lead Buffalo Bullets ( around 325gr as I recall) and 240gr .44cal pistol bullets in sabots was quite good. The saboted bullets were a booger to load though, pretty snug fit.

Back