• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Anyone got a deer or bear this year? Our season opens this weekend, wondering how folks round the country are doing.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filled mine but not with a smoke pole. There's a late-season hunt coming up where I'm packing in to one of my favorite haunts where I plan to take a muzzleloader. Still another 6 weeks away.

Yes but I cheated and used my longbow! Kidding, muzzleloader season doesn’t start for a while so I have to use a bow for now. This is in Vermont.

Attachments

• 74333F65-B3A3-400D-8BF1-2D5BE77C71E3.jpeg
    74333F65-B3A3-400D-8BF1-2D5BE77C71E3.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 75
Yes but I cheated and used my longbow! Kidding, muzzleloader season doesn’t start for a while so I have to use a bow for now. This is in Vermont.
I have a bow I just haven’t had the time to practice enough to want to hunt with it yet since we got a newborn around now. I’ll probably be bow huntin next year

I have a bow I just haven’t had the time to practice enough to want to hunt with it yet since we got a newborn around now. I’ll probably be bow huntin next year
I’ve been a bow hunter since I was legally able to at 12 (same age as gun and muzzleloader hunting). Started shooting a recurve/longbow when my horse decided to break my wrist (long story). I absolutely fell in love with Stickbows and hunt with them now. Do it, you won’t regret it.

I’ve been a bow hunter since I was legally able to at 12 (same age as gun and muzzleloader hunting). Started shooting a recurve/longbow when my horse decided to break my wrist (long story). I absolutely fell in love with Stickbows and hunt with them now. Do it, you won’t regret it.
I have a compound someone gave me but there’s a guy In my state that teaches a sinew backed recurve building class I really want to take that (again once the kid gets a little older and I get my free time back)

October 16th antlerless only comes in and December 27th flintlock begins here in PA.
I wait for flintlock it's the best time of the year.
I watched the meat eater episode about the after Christmas flintlock season in PA it was a good one. Shows everything that can go wrong with flintlock haha I didn’t know y’all had that season

I got a nice cow elk, in our early season, but not with a muzzleloader, mod 70 win, I will get one of my muzzleloaders out for the upcoming deer and antelope hunts. I would love to take an elk with a muzzleloading rifle but at my age of 76 years old, it is hard enough with a modern rifle.

The 16th muzzleloading season starts in northern NY. I have the first 6 days off, hoping for success with my glinted. Wet days I will carry my percussion GPR.

Latest posts

Back