• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone got a deer or bear this year? Our season opens this weekend, wondering how folks round the country are doing.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muzzleloader bear opens statewide in Pa October 16 and runs throught the 23. I hope to make it out....

Muzzleloader deer opens in Virginia October 29, and runs for 2 weeks. Turkey is concurrent the first week and bear the 2nd week, so a good time to be in the woods there.

ML season doesnt open till November 6th here in Tennessee. I’ll check back in if I get lucky.
I'm in Tennessee unit L. Can't wait. Plenty of deer moving around right now. So if I can keep the poachers out hopefully the freezer will get refilled. Ran one off my little woods yesterday and heard two shots in the woods across the road about 1:00 this morning.

I'm in Tennessee unit L. Can't wait. Plenty of deer moving around right now. So if I can keep the poachers out hopefully the freezer will get refilled. Ran one off my little woods yesterday and heard two shots in the woods across the road about 1:00 this morning.
I’m in unit B and I feel you on the poachers. I hunted some land belonging to a family member for years. Every year was a running battle with poachers and trespassers.

I’m in Arkansas. Can you not hunt with traditional muzzle loaders during modern gun season in these other states? I think you can here. I haven’t hunted in twenty years but I’m thinking about getting back out there. Traditional only though.

Jon

I’m in Arkansas. Can you not hunt with traditional muzzle loaders during modern gun season in these other states? I think you can here. I haven’t hunted in twenty years but I’m thinking about getting back out there. Traditional only though.

Jon
I’m in Arkansas too. You can hunt with any type muzzleloader during modern gun. Muzzleloader only season starts this Saturday, and I’ll be using ML through modern gun.

DStovall, that’s good to know. I haven’t even looked at the Fish and Game rules for hunting. I am totally not ready to hunt this weekend. Still have to sight in that .50. Just looked at their website and it seems you get more hunting days using a muzzleloader. I’m in zone 15.

Jon

Jon
I'm in Tennessee and we can use bow, smoke pole, pistols, and modern guns throughout the regular gun season. I'm packing a muzzleloader rifle and pistol from October all the way through february.

Muzzleloader bear opens statewide in Pa October 16 and runs throught the 23. I hope to make it out....

Muzzleloader deer opens in Virginia October 29, and runs for 2 weeks. Turkey is concurrent the first week and bear the 2nd week, so a good time to be in the woods there.
I'll still be in bow mode, I'll switch to flintlock in regular bear season and then for the rest of the year.

IMG_20211007_163428.jpg

Back