Anyone got a deer or bear this year? Our season opens this weekend, wondering how folks round the country are doing.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Nuthatch

40 Cal
Reaction score
Filled mine but not with a smoke pole. There's a late-season hunt coming up where I'm packing in to one of my favorite haunts where I plan to take a muzzleloader. Still another 6 weeks away.

DStovall

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Filled mine but not with a smoke pole. There's a late-season hunt coming up where I'm packing in to one of my favorite haunts where I plan to take a muzzleloader. Still another 6 weeks away.
Where you at where you can already fill tags

DStovall

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Yes but I cheated and used my longbow! Kidding, muzzleloader season doesn’t start for a while so I have to use a bow for now. This is in Vermont.
I have a bow I just haven’t had the time to practice enough to want to hunt with it yet since we got a newborn around now. I’ll probably be bow huntin next year

tom_in_vt

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have a bow I just haven’t had the time to practice enough to want to hunt with it yet since we got a newborn around now. I’ll probably be bow huntin next year
I’ve been a bow hunter since I was legally able to at 12 (same age as gun and muzzleloader hunting). Started shooting a recurve/longbow when my horse decided to break my wrist (long story). I absolutely fell in love with Stickbows and hunt with them now. Do it, you won’t regret it.

DStovall

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I’ve been a bow hunter since I was legally able to at 12 (same age as gun and muzzleloader hunting). Started shooting a recurve/longbow when my horse decided to break my wrist (long story). I absolutely fell in love with Stickbows and hunt with them now. Do it, you won’t regret it.
I have a compound someone gave me but there’s a guy In my state that teaches a sinew backed recurve building class I really want to take that (again once the kid gets a little older and I get my free time back)

Juniata

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Hold that thought till weekend of Oct 23, I'm headed to Western PA to hunt the last 3 days of our early muzzleloader season in PA.
High hopes! Will post pictures if successful ...

DStovall

36 Cl.
Reaction score
October 16th antlerless only comes in and December 27th flintlock begins here in PA.
I wait for flintlock it's the best time of the year.
I watched the meat eater episode about the after Christmas flintlock season in PA it was a good one. Shows everything that can go wrong with flintlock haha I didn’t know y’all had that season

Rich Wormington

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I got a nice cow elk, in our early season, but not with a muzzleloader, mod 70 win, I will get one of my muzzleloaders out for the upcoming deer and antelope hunts. I would love to take an elk with a muzzleloading rifle but at my age of 76 years old, it is hard enough with a modern rifle.

Daveboone

40 Cal
Reaction score
The 16th muzzleloading season starts in northern NY. I have the first 6 days off, hoping for success with my glinted. Wet days I will carry my percussion GPR.

DStovall

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Got a mature cow elk 2 weeks ago with 54 cal TC, 425 gr. Hornady great plains hbhp / 90gr fff . Frontal shot at 55 yds, went about 10 feet and now resides in our freezer. :thumb:
What state?