• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Anyone else on here ever buy a pedersoli with bad sanding quality on the stock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a machining error. They probably didn’t recalibrate the CNC machine for tolerances between batches. But I think the consequence is that there is extra wood around the lock mortise. If you were ever intending on refinishing the stock I would use a round scraper and level out the area. Not the worst mistake I’ve seen from pedersoli.

Their CNC tolerances are generally higher, which is a reason why many of their stocks are bulky, for example their 1766 Charleville has about 1lb of extra wood on it in the. Wrist and forearm.
I've wanted a "Kentucky" flinter since I was in the third grade. For several reasons, I had up to a certain amount of funds to spend on one and Pedersoli was the quality/price point that I could afford. This gun was purchased during the pandemic but I don't know if it was made during it. It was backordered from DGW and had to wait for some months for it. There were a couple of issues with the stock finish, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I figured one day I would disassemble and refinish it. Overall I am satisfied with it, seems to be a reliable shooter. The only time there is a FTF is when it has a used up flint in it or an improper pan charge. As the saying goes, your milage may vary. All this said, I am saving up for a Kibler kit.

Look for a box with two letters in it on the barrel near the proof marks. That is the date code. Google Italian muzzleloader date codes or pedersoli date codes and you will find plenty of charts that give you the year of manufacture.

I have a Pedersoli Kentucky that must be 30 years old. The lock crapped out some time ago. I contacted Flintlock Etc. when it did. Back then I couldn't get a replacement lock for it. I took it to Dixon's and Chuck told me that I was out of luck as far as a replacement for it goes. A friend of mine gave me an Ultra Hi pistol. Being that I couldn't get the breech plug out of the barrel and the tang was spot welded onto the plug, I decided not to shoot it. I started looking at the lock and realized that it was slightly larger than my lock. Little by little I am fitting it to my rifle. My advise is be prepared to learn how to work on your own stuff.

Latest posts

Back