• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone else ever deal with this problem?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the barrel were bent by 5/16" you would see it by sighting down the barrel. It would look like banana. Kibler does not ship barrels with goofie crowns. No amount of load testing will fix it. The only thing left is that bore is crooked. Straightening it will leave the outside looking like banana. Again, call Kibler, he will probably replace it.

If the barrel were bent by 5/16" you would see it by sighting down the barrel. It would look like banana. Kibler does not ship barrels with goofie crowns. No amount of load testing will fix it. The only thing left is that bore is crooked. Straightening it will leave the outside looking like banana. Again, call Kibler, he will probably replace it.

I agree with you, this seems like a fundamental issue with the gun if the sights even with modification can't place an accurate shot. Sounds like an email to Jim.

I did not state that the barrel was bent 5/16th I said the top flat at the rear sight was 5/16 across that means with the notch of the rear sight centered on the flat there is only .156 of adjustment till the notch is over the right edge of the flat.
I have been in touch with Jim regarding this and he is his usual helpful self.
As to the crown for the amount of deviation on target would be an almost imperceptible amount visually at the crown.

My Kibler Colonial also had a low back sight. I JB Welded a higher thin blade on the back of the rear sight. Then, after centering the front sight, I cut a notch off center in the rear sight. Nothing done that can't be removed. You can order a higher back sight after test firing. Bending the barrel is an option. A bench, 2 pieces of wood and a C-clamp. Bend it in the middle.
Yes, a friend had a TC that would hit the barn side if you tried to shoot out the door. I made blocks to fit the octagon and you should use one on top under the clamp too. It worked and the rifle came on center like a charm.

I agree with previous comments about trying a different ball/patch size, particularly with the smaller calibers. I have a 45 cal(not a Kibler) that was low/left and pulled right into zero when I changed from a .440”/.015” patch to a .445”/.010” with groups half the size. If load variations did not improve your results, I’d contact Jim about correcting the issue. Fortunately, Kiblers manufacturing tolerances make for easy barrel swaps if it came down to that. I recently purchased a second 58 cal barrel for my 50 cal Kibler.

Back