• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Anybody know the year of this Goex?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigderunner

40 Cal
Reaction score
Does anyone know what year this pound of Goex powder would be?
ive had this can since I was 12 years I’ve shot 3/4 of it over the years. It came with a Lyman Great Plains rifle in 54 cal bought for me as a gift

Attachments

• 8A174D3F-D9BF-4A4D-80BA-1C0D0DDB7FBE.jpeg
    8A174D3F-D9BF-4A4D-80BA-1C0D0DDB7FBE.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 39764D62-B1C2-4577-A86A-73283AC451AB.jpeg
    39764D62-B1C2-4577-A86A-73283AC451AB.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 51
ive had this can since I was 12 years I’ve shot 3/4 of it over the years. It came with a Lyman Great Plains rifle in 54 cal bought for me as a gift
I have that same can dated Aug 1976. I have few other cans I can't check the date on because they are in my storage locker.

The earliest "GOEX" powders were in cans marked NET WT 16 OZ (1LB) at the bottom of the back side as well as Manufactured by GEARHART-OWEN Industries, INC. I've got a can from 1973 ... Yours is a later can with ( 454 Gr) metric weight and Manufactured by GOEX. INC. I think duPont sold the Belin plant to this successor around 1972 and Gearhard-Owen dissolved in 1981 when the GOEX name then was used on the can, but this dating is from my old memory and could be wrong

You said you were born in 93. Here is a can marked 2-14-93.:)

Attachments

• DSCN0059.JPG
    DSCN0059.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 23
Don't know, but the presence of a Zip Code on anything places it 1964 or later. (I may be off a year or two on zip code start, but you could look it up.)

That similar labelling was done under DuPont; many of us older guys have our 1st can of DuPont on a shelf somewhere, hopefully fully empty!

My full can of FFFg looks exactly the same, and says 82FE25A, so I would guess Feb of 82.
It also says it's from the Belin plant.
I imagine that even empty GOEX cans are worth a bit of money.
Full ones are worth even more!
I’d like to have about 10 full cans

My full can of FFFg looks exactly the same, and says 82FE25A, so I would guess Feb of 82.
It also says it's from the Belin plant.
I imagine that even empty GOEX cans are worth a bit of money.
Full ones are worth even more!
I wish 'dating' of products was done more openly; BTW, we've all heard the joke about how do you tell when a container of Sour Cream has gone bad!

Back