• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anybody know the year of this Goex?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know, but the presence of a Zip Code on anything places it 1964 or later. (I may be off a year or two on zip code start, but you could look it up.)
Sometimes older trinkets can be dated and you are correct the zip code system went into effect in 1963.
I know it is 30+ years later but lacking a Ser# or production code the next different info, does it have a WWW. address? Most major companies started using web addresses around 1995-6.

Does anyone know what year this pound of Goex powder would be?
ive had this can since I was 12 years I’ve shot 3/4 of it over the years. It came with a Lyman Great Plains rifle in 54 cal bought for me as a gift
Those cans were manufactured back when I first started shooting blackpowder…so 76’ to mid 80’s timeframe(?), if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Made in 1989 maybe? 2BAA1DEB-CE48-418A-BFC1-25A5253007A7.jpeg4EB32701-D1F1-4579-9157-89CE2B93B638.jpeg

I remember 1977, it was the year I landed my first engineering job.
Me too got hired right out of CSUS and had to go to work for state the day after Graduating MSCE. (Got a 28 year "sentence" with benefits) Powder was a group buy when a member of the Fort Sutter Muzzleloaders and recall 10 pounds mixed for $28.00 delivered.

On the inside of my cleaning box. As I lift the lid for cleaning, you’ll see 2 early cans of 3f and one of 4f . I keep filling them as needed. Just like the looks of them.
Doc,
That’s what I’m gonna do with this one

Kind of like the decoder ring in the Christmas Story movie. Here are the Goex cans with stuff stamped on the bottom. Two are 2F, lot 50, made in 1977, month of July on the 25nd day during B shift. The third can is 2F, lot 68, made in 1978, month of May on the 22nd day, C shift. Can you figure out which can is which? Look on the bottom of your can for clue as to the date of manufacture.
1650339805226.jpeg

Back