• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anybody know anything about Nepperhan revolvers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bornintheussr

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey guys, few weeks ago I was in Yonkers NY in the building I believe was a former factory which made Napperhan revolvers. Ever since then I tried to find more information about this company but resources on the internet are very limited. Can somebody please advice on a literature or any other source where I can learn more about this particular manufacturer.

A quick search shows Nepperhan Revolver Company apparently made mostly / all .31 caliber copies of the Colt pocket, basically like a Manhattan type gun.

I've never heard of them until now

There's a building called the Nepperhan Center which I assume was the factory

According to the Flayderman's Guide To Antique American Firearms, the Nepperhan Fire Arms Co. wes established in Yonkers, N.Y. During the 1860's, it produced around 5,000 .31 caliber 5 shots pocket revolvers similar to the Manhattan first model pocket revolver, except that the latter had 10 cylinder notches instead of 5 on the Nepperhan.

The barrel length could vary from 3 1/2 to 6 inches, the standard being 4 1/4 inches.

2023-03-28_120605.jpg

Attachments

• 2023-03-28_120605.jpg
    2023-03-28_120605.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 1
According to the Flayderman's Guide To Antique American Firearms, the Nepperhan Fire Arms Co. wes established in Yonkers, N.Y. During the 1860's, it produced around 5,000 .31 caliber 5 shots pocket revolvers similar to the Manhattan first model pocket revolver, except that the latter had 10 cylinder notches instead of 5 on the Nepperhan.

The barrel length could vary from 3 1/2 to 6 inches, the standard being 4 1/4 inches.

View attachment 210197
that closely resembles my own vintage 3rd Model Bacon revolver... which makes sense, because a cursory Google query yielded that Bacon subsequently absorbed the Nepperhan company

Back