• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

anybody know about this rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattman

40 Cal
Reaction score
about 15 years ago a friend at work gave me his dads percussion 45 cal side lock to clean up and put a new nipple on. it was a cabellas thompson hawken look a like. the first thing i noticed was it has 12, yes 12 lands and grooves. no more than 3 to 4 thousands deep on the grooves. i even think it was a 1/60 twist. after cleaning it up and putting the new nipple on i shot it at 100 yards, it was deadly consistantly accurate. with any load it shot a patched round ball in a tight group at 100 yards. anybody know about those guns and the 12 lands and grooves in them? i always wanted to get one of those as they were well built and most of all very very accurate. it has always been on my mind to find out about this gun.

about 15 years ago a friend at work gave me his dads percussion 45 cal side lock to clean up and put a new nipple on. it was a cabellas thompson hawken look a like. the first thing i noticed was it has 12, yes 12 lands and grooves. no more than 3 to 4 thousands deep on the grooves. i even think it was a 1/60 twist. after cleaning it up and putting the new nipple on i shot it at 100 yards, it was deadly consistantly accurate. with any load it shot a patched round ball in a tight group at 100 yards. anybody know about those guns and the 12 lands and grooves in them? i always wanted to get one of those as they were well built and most of all very very accurate. it has always been on my mind to find out about this gun.
I would suggest posting a photo so you can obtain a decent answer.
Flintlocklar 🇺🇸

Back