• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

anybody here interested in in a preengraved cast boolit or round ball?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont know so tell us? you are not a moron. this country is huge, it requires different thing in different areas.when you hunt here it is not like a feed lot with a bunch of cows in it. quote of a friend of mine who is in nursing home and 90 years old. i bring a high quality bottle of gin every month and he hides it and savors it at bed time. he is the real deal. his dad was a old time out law and his grand father raided him and could barely speak english and his grandmother could never speak english. his grandfather made cord wood up to 100 years old. clayton never got beat in a fight. he lets my son hunt his land because he likes my son. tell us whar they shot back east? we what to know, out here where the pairie meets the pines it is different story. my son took his first buck at 8 years old on claytons place. though the head at 100 yards. ive never told him how to shoot since that day. he only weighed 80 pounds at the time. right under the bucks left ear. oh yes, his grand father had two shots of wiskey at getting up, two shots for dinner and two shots when he came in for supper. lived to over 100 years old. and yes his father was never around as he was a real kansas out law

I did simmilar to Bob. I got one of the old Numrich 45 cal cartridge barrels. I lapped the barrel to make a slight choke. I then cut a piece off the muzzle, leaving some choke, and made a die for a luber sizer machine. The bullet as sized with a tiny amount undersized and loaded easily and shot great.

thanks, this wonderful site is about learning and it helps build this site with real info that shooters can use. you all know it is not hard to build a starter for round ball or cast bullet. every one who has experience with a starter lets hear your info on it.

zaEUeNJ.jpg

Pre-engraved bullets can work great and can also be a pain in the breach. The .40 bore I have set up that way for pre-engraved, I will probably never stop experimenting with paper patched.

27PFgGw.jpg

Back