Any West Coasters attending Civil War Days in Elk Grove, CA?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

SnakeHair

32 Cal
Reaction score
This event happens down the road from me, I haven't gone before, new to muzzleloaders. Wondering if anyone here attends this event.

Attachments

• civl war.jpg
    civl war.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 32

Ric5tread

32 Cal
Reaction score
It an event that I will have to see if I can attend. I live in the bay area so it's about hour and half drive. It looks like it could be a great day.

Reaction score
I know it was said to be a huge event however I have never been, i do know two here in Nevada that wanted me to go but finances and my distaste for CA prevented me. I do know that since the events in 2020 most Civil War events on the west coast have suffered severe.
The photos they showed me from last year were pretty depressing, in my opinion, having attended and participated in Far Larger in SoCal...but that was years ago.
I would be interested if they have any better comeback yet - here in Nevada the "Oldest Civil War Club" has been reduced to about 4 or 5 members, mostly women and frown on Confederates....to the best of my knowledge, after the last four of us Confederates walked away, they are all Union (all 4 or 5 of them) other then a few that come over from California.

Reaction score
As these old timers retire and pass on, there is no new blood in the civil war reenacting field to replace them. These kinds of events and those on the East Coast are rapidly becoming a thing of the days past.

Reaction score
As these old timers retire and pass on, there is no new blood in the civil war reenacting field to replace them. These kinds of events and those on the East Coast are rapidly becoming a thing of the days past.
Pretty much, my wife brought me into the 3rd Texas Cavalry about 10-12 years ago; since then the Captain passed away, another fell too ill to attend and a couple moved away - the remaining unit folded.
Here in Nevada they had 20+ members when I signed up with the 4th Calvary (unmounted) but after a couple small events the China Virus came to town, right behind it was BLM rampaging through town and threatening the Sherif (a few near instances in front of the Capital). When things opened back up past year the club said no one wanted us if the Grey or Rebel flag was there...only 4 of us total showed up to the first few monthly meetings, I dropped put when they said "Southerners can come in civilization clothes only, no flag, but If we do a skirmish that is Out Of Sight to the Public ....." - ya, I walked as did the only other three Confederates (one left earlier because of conflict with a California guy who only came when it suited him...)

Now the Union, all three or four, can run around and yell "PEW PEW" at each other while a few ladies more interested in SteamPunk then Civil War stand on the side.
.....a real shame when I think back to 50 to 200 of us that used to gather; 5 or 6 cannon on either side of the field, ACTUAL historic battle plans we would act out for the public, the parades, and other historic reenactors that would show up to represent various historic figures....and SUTLERS, loved the Sutlers!
....seems like days gone past now...😢

Youngblood

40 Cal
Reaction score
These stories are depressing. You cant be a confederate or have a flag at a civil war event? What?.
Id kinda like to see a line of gray fire a volley of real lead somewhere it might count.

Reaction score
These stories are depressing. You cant be a confederate or have a flag at a civil war event? What?.
Id kinda like to see a line of gray fire a volley of real lead somewhere it might count.
Depressing would be one way to put it.
The local 'club' here (or what is left) just did a showing at an annual event in Genoa. I went down see; NO Confederate flag was on the field, only Union, only two Confederates were there, one had come from California, neither wore traditional 'grey', I guess to remain low key. Other then that I only saw one Union and about 3 or four women on the other side.
Nothing at all like the old days not many years ago.
I wonder how Civil War Days turned out?

Reaction score
I know it was said to be a huge event however I have never been, i do know two here in Nevada that wanted me to go but finances and my distaste for CA prevented me. I do know that since the events in 2020 most Civil War events on the west coast have suffered severe.
The photos they showed me from last year were pretty depressing, in my opinion, having attended and participated in Far Larger in SoCal...but that was years ago.
I would be interested if they have any better comeback yet - here in Nevada the "Oldest Civil War Club" has been reduced to about 4 or 5 members, mostly women and frown on Confederates....to the best of my knowledge, after the last four of us Confederates walked away, they are all Union (all 4 or 5 of them) other then a few that come over from California.
Probably due to the attitudes of non-Californians that has nothing to do with the state's politics.
Cut off your nose to spite your face. Suits me.

wm

Youngblood

40 Cal
Reaction score
Yes how did this one go anyone?

I took my kiddies to one outside sacramento a few years ago and people were cheering for the CSA guys so not everyone is a flaming libtard. Like Chicago and NYC out vote the regular folks in those states, look to the rurals to find good ol fashioned Americans.