• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Any Traditional Archers Here? 3 Arrows!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SimonG,
You don't hafta shoot up your arras. Just shoot one at a time and go pull it out. :thumbsup:
Jethro

If your such a great shot as to be worried about breaking your nocks at 20 yards, then walking 120 yards shouldn't be too much trouble.
I really want to see this target.

SimonG said:
sounds like a lot of walking, let me borrow some arrows from ya

Well, OK, but it's gonna be a LOT farther of a walk just to come pick up some arrows. :haha:

I 'preciate all the effort on the shoots you do, plan on playing in some, but for this one I'd rather a longer range, or different target?
I don't know any way to give you a better choice of targets. Please re-read the rule below. Three nickel-sized red dots clustered around the center of your target is fine. Three hearts is fine also. An X is fine. A circle is fine... A blank sheet of paper is fine.

Contest Rules
The target is a standard 8.5" x 11" sheet of printer paper. You may mark the target with whatever aiming point you like. Shots will be measured from center of paper not necessarily from center of aiming point.

Well, I suppose if someone feels tin arrers or them fishin-rod section kind will help they're entitled. I see they even make a phony wood grain pattern and paint "Traditional" on the side of them, now. Horse Hockey.

Any arrow too "valuable" for rabbit hunting in brush or roving stumps is too impractical.

Port Orford cedar for me. I just need to get out and do it. This is archery season! You're crimpin my field time.

Next you need to do a field archery 80 yard shot. ;-)

One nice thing about being the 4H Archery Leader in my county is that I now have an 80 meter field archery range at my house... :grin:

If it drys up out here in the middle of the mid-west I'll get after this contest. Wooden arrows and a wooden bow BTW... :grin:

J224 - Maybe SimonG can shoot one arrow at 60 yds, measure from the center of his hole from the center of the paper and multiply by 3. He gets to save his arrows and prove he's more sporting than shooting at 20 yds. Or he can shoot some cheap, non-labor intensive, non-footed arrows and follow the rest of the rules like the rest of us will and just have fun . . . Or not . . . :bull:

Stumpkiller said:
Well, I suppose if someone feels tin arrers or them fishin-rod section kind will help they're entitled. I see they even make a phony wood grain pattern and paint "Traditional" on the side of them, now. Horse Hockey.

Genuine immitation wood arras? :rotf: :youcrazy:

Any arrow too "valuable" for rabbit hunting in brush or roving stumps is too impractical.

Port Orford cedar for me. I just need to get out and do it. This is archery season! You're crimpin my field time.

Ya gots ta fling a few practice arras even during the season doncha?

Next you need to do a field archery 80 yard shot. ;-)

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Otter said:
J224 - Maybe SimonG can shoot one arrow at 60 yds, measure from the center of his hole from the center of the paper and multiply by 3. He gets to save his arrows and prove he's more sporting than shooting at 20 yds. Or he can shoot some cheap, non-labor intensive, non-footed arrows and follow the rest of the rules like the rest of us will and just have fun . . . Or not . . . :bull:
:rotf:

Well, I went out and just threw shafts out of three bows. I'm blamin trying to do that with three different draw weights and REALLY messing up my instinctiveness-a-bility . . . yeah, that.

I figured as a moderator to play but not for serious. And that's for sure the way I shot - so as to stay out of the winner's circle. :haha:

Savin them nocks. :rotf: :rotf:

Well, geez, guys, after you shoot your targets would you please post photos of your bows?

Here are most.

HPIM1651.jpg

Bear Kodiac, Bear Kodiak Hunter in glorious 1972 green Futurewood :shake: , and 62# Damon-Howatt Dreamcatcher.

Now all that cracked corn is gonna leak out!!! :grin:

Yeah, I like the idea of taking pictures of the arrows IN the target with the bow next to it AND posting them.

Stumpkiller,
I said ANY bow not EVERY bow. :haha:

You have some nice ones. :thumbsup: I've owned several vintage Kodiak and Grizzly's. Even a couple in green Futurewood. Always liked the feel of the Shakespeare bows better tho. Had one Damon-Howatt, don't recall the model, it shot nice. Wasn't as purty as yours.

One of my 4H archers has a nice, vintage Shakespere recurve. It's in great shape and had the original feather arrow rest. I get to shoot it when he comes over for meetings... :grin:

Since we're showing off bows, I might as well post a few pics. Can't shoot this one (doctor's orders) so I might as well post a few pics.

A couple shots of my Turkey Creek LB. Unfortunately, as much as I love the bow, I can't recommend the bowyer.

S5000522.jpg

S5000521.jpg

S5000530.jpg

Here's my son and his Black Rhino kids bow:

S5000748.jpg

S5000747.jpg

And an Indian Archery Warrior that I refinished for a giveaway to a young man just starting out in archery:

S5000780.jpg

S5000785.jpg

S5000786.jpg

Target in the mail Wednesday. Let's just say that I didn't have to worry about splitting my arrows.

Those two takedowns - very, very nice.
Pete

Back