• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any rondys in NC Pa. anymore?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy:
I don't shoot anymore (72 yrs. old and health issues) but I'd still LOVE to go to a Rondy for a day. I belonged to the Council Cup Muzzle Loaders out of Wapwallopen, Pa. back in the 70's, but they've been gone since the early 80's if I recall? I'd love to go to another one just for nostalgia's sake. The noise of the shooting and the BP smoke hanging in the air on a damp morning, the smell of the hickory camp fires and food cooking, The camaraderie, the blanket trade sessions at night. These are all things recall, that I'll probably never see again. I don't travel well these days; so I'd like to find one close to home...Berwick, Pa. giver er take 40 miles. Thank you for any info you can give.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I think Whispering Pines outside of Wellsboro has theirs either this weekend or next if I'm not mistaken. The NMLRA eastern is at Swain ski resort up near Hornell, NY in a couple of weeks as well.

I think Whispering Pines outside of Wellsboro has theirs either this weekend or next if I'm not mistaken. The NMLRA eastern is at Swain ski resort up near Hornell, NY in a couple of weeks as well.
Hey GANGREEN:
Long time no hear. ;)
Thanks buddy, but Wellsboro is about a 3 or 4 hour trip for me. I drive slow. We used to go through there (80's) ever week to Mansfields College, but thank you for thinking of me. Did you ever get over to Dave Keck's place?
God bless:
Two Feathers

I didn't make it down to Dave's because a friend of mine picked up my projects for me. Glad that you're doing well and I hope you find a rendezvous nearby.

Independent Mountain Men Of Pa.. at Emlenton, Pa. , sponsored 7TH Annual Western PA. Primitive Rendezvous.......Aug. 12th through 15th.
oldwood:
Thank ye kindly, but here again....waaaay too far fer this old body. That's clear across the state near Pittsburgh, at least a 6 hour drive.
God bless ya. for thinking of me:
Two Feathers

Howdy:
I don't shoot anymore (72 yrs. old and health issues) but I'd still LOVE to go to a Rondy for a day. I belonged to the Council Cup Muzzle Loaders out of Wapwallopen, Pa. back in the 70's, but they've been gone since the early 80's if I recall? I'd love to go to another one just for nostalgia's sake. The noise of the shooting and the BP smoke hanging in the air on a damp morning, the smell of the hickory camp fires and food cooking, The camaraderie, the blanket trade sessions at night. These are all things recall, that I'll probably never see again. I don't travel well these days; so I'd like to find one close to home...Berwick, Pa. giver er take 40 miles. Thank you for any info you can give.
God bless:
Two Feathers
The "Gunmaker's Fair" will return to Kempton, PA next July. Cancelled last year due to the Plague, and this year due to the original sponsors (Dixon Muzzleloading Shop) having grown weary of the immense amount of work it took to host the event. Next year will be held at the fair grounds in Kempton, on the last full weekend in July (as before).

Howdy:
God bless:
Two Feathers
Hi "Two Feathers". Ok first of all you missed Whispering Pines for this year, they have their Rondy like the 2nd. weekend in Aug. an it's at Cherry Flats, Pa. an it's near Arnot, Pa. off Rt. 15 at the Bossburg exit. Get off the exit an go right on old RT. 15 ( south ) an look for first road to the right ( about 1/2 mile from exit ) an follow signs for Black Powder Shoot. Now being you live in Berwick you have a shoot in your back yard every month, over at the Danville Sportsman club. Our shoot is held the 4th. Sunday of the month and it starts at 9am. an yes you can come over and watch or you can shoot if you'd like. Easy way to find us is come across 80 west to the Danville exit ( Rt. 54 east ) and go to the blinking yellow light pass McDonald's and go left and cross over Rt54 and go about 200 feet on Rt 654 and bear right on the first road to the right, now go about 1.4 miles an go right on Cherokee road and go about 3 tenths of a mile and go right up drive an stay to the left ( no more turns ) and go straight through gate to club. So you want to shoot or just watch come on over. " Wopaho "

Back