• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any one have Traditions Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50cal.cliff

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Does any one have a Traditions Hawken with double set triggers. I broke a spring assembly on the front of the trigger. The back trigger has a stip of spring steel to tension it. The front has a small peice of a spring wire. I can make one from a spring if I can figure out it engaged into tigger. If anyone has one they would care to take a picture of the trigger it would be greatly appreciated. Or a drawing or both. I have been working all day to figue out this spring and can't get the bend right so it put pressure on the front trigger!! :confused:
As far as I can tell after looking at some schematics of other compianies double triggers Traditions is a poor idea, with that small spring in front,because the ones I looked at used spring steel bands both coming from rear of trigger (looks like a much better design than my Traditons trigger). But you know that ole saying, "you got to dance with the one you brought to the party". :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Go online & google search [url] traditionsfirearms.com[/url]
call customer service
Have them send you a set of schematics, an owners manual & a new spring

If at all possible dont send them the trigger
(if you can fix it yourself, definetly dont send it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey appreciate the advice. I have all ready contacted Traditions, customer service, by phone,(their email is down).
Told them what was going on, (more or less), and that I was concerned trigger was dangerous as is. They told me not to use the gun. They are sending me a brand new trigger. I am waiting for its arrival. :grin:
Guess I will have to take back a few of those things I previously said about Traditions. Didn't know at the time there email was down. This is why they never responded to me! :surrender:

Latest posts

Back