• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Any of you guys ever use one of these?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey back in the day when I would shoot at the bench all day, I would take a piece of cardboard wrapped in a hand towel, worked great. I am not particularly recoil sensitive, but when you shoot 1-300 rounds in a sitting with a 308 or 3006 bolt gun you got to have something, or at least I do. I used to have a Garand and still have a M1-A, and don't need any padding, even for a protracted range session, but, hold it wrong once or twice and the hurt begins o_O

I use one for heavy kicking unmentionable magnums, like a 470 Nitro Express. While it helps tame the shoulder kick, it doesn't tame the comb rise, which jostles your brain.

I read here about guys shooting their 4-bores with 350 gr 1Fg and how they see stars and things "with out" for them with every shot--basically they get a low grade concussion every time they pull the trigger. Like going a round with the heavyweight champ every time they go to the range--what fun!

It's a simple fact. Anyone who wears one of these will watch their scores improve.:thumb:

Back