• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Any Info On Cannon Mounted on Bicycle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've only found one photo and Im guessing its maybe early late 1890's -1900s . Man would I love to own one but I figure it might be a custom made bike used to transport this cannon. So Im throwing it out here for any info about it. It is pretty unique.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 12.08.24 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 12.08.24 AM.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 3
I've only found one photo and Im guessing its maybe early late 1890's -1900s . Man would I love to own one but I figure it might be a custom made bike used to transport this cannon. So Im throwing it out here for any info about it. It is pretty unique.

Spanish American War mobile artillery? 😃

Tricycles were common place in factories to transport their riders and anything else that needed to move from place to place so it probably wasn't custom built. The seat and spoon brake date it as early 1900s (roughly).

This may have been an early racing velocipede with the cannon discouraging passing and also providing a final burst of speed just before the finish line. :D

Thats what Im figuring Rifleman. The rear tires are about squashed flat yet the front isnt so it must be a real cannon with the weight. But heck I doubt to would shoot off of the trike. Transporting makes all the sense but its damn cool though. I cant find any info about it searching the net

Be the first in your neighborhood.
Discourage tailgaters with a Ron Popeels bike cannon. limited supplies. no shipping to NJ.

Back