• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Any info on a Navy Arms pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not exactly sure what I have here. It's a .44 cal from Navy Arms.

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 71
brass frame, .44 caliber, copy of Colt 1851 Navy
I think it's a brass framed copy of the 1860..., due to the round barrel. ;) Don't the brass framed copies of 1851 Navy Colts have octagonal barrels? My Pietta "Confederate Navy .44's" do. Some call them fantasy revolvers (In truth the CSA never had such)

LD

Thanks for all the very very useful info!!! I'll load up a few half loads and check it out, I'm not the original owner so I'll start out on the side of caution. Thanks again! Steve in Tenn.

My Navy Arms brass framed Colt copy of 36 caliber has a round barrel it was marketed in the 1960's as the "Reb" model. The steel framed model was the "Yank". Octagon barrel in steel frame.

I think it's an indication of the concern for historical accuracy from back in the 60s and 70s that every revolver in the catalog photo is based on a 51 Navy, with the exception of the Spiller & Burr, and the corresponding description calls two of them 60 Armys.

Back