• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Any idea of maker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder14

32 Cal.
Reaction score
It's a 45cal percussion 10 1/4 barrel 7/8 flat to flat adjustable sights.checkerd grip,scrolled barrel and lock ,brass lock plate on left side.
The only marking anywhere is on the barrel (made in Spain) not even a caliber marking.
Any info would be appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 126
I was kinda thinking that, just fancier. I don't really know if there was more than one BP gun maker in Spain or not. Early on they were usually marked Jukar. Both Traditions and CVA and many other companies jumped on the band wagon and sold the guns under their name.

Thanks,it’s funny this has no markings on it except for made in Spain it doesn’t even have a caliber marked on it no proof marks nothing.I have a bunch of old CVA pistols and even the cheep ones have markings.I will look into CVA Kentucky pistols.Thank you again

Haven’t taken it apart yet I will this week.I did some searching yesterday and it seems to be as told in previous reply’s a CVA.

If IS Spanish - right now it seems that is the case - then it will have Spanish proof marks. A stack of three circles forming a triangle will advise you of that.

I have seen pictures of similar pistols sold under the brand name of 'MENDI". They seem to be older CVA type pistols with ornate engraving on the barrels and other fancier touches.

I pulled it apart and there is NO markings on the under side of barrel Nothing on the inner stock breech plug has the number 23 on it that’s it.

It's a 45cal percussion 10 1/4 barrel 7/8 flat to flat adjustable sights.checkerd grip,scrolled barrel and lock ,brass lock plate on left side.
The only marking anywhere is on the barrel (made in Spain) not even a caliber marking.
Any info would be appreciated
I have owned a couple pistols built along those lines over the years. I suspect they were made by Jukar as the style of breech and lock appeared to be the same between the unmarked ones and the first one I had that had a makers name on it. I believe they were the earliest versions made for export to the US in the late 60's and early 70's and imported by several companies. A couple I built from kits back in the 70's were sold by CVA. I bought them from a local shop while in high school and did the wood finishing in shop class (don't think that would fly nowadays). I still have one of them but it is a flint, tower pattern gun, marked Jukar but without any CVA markings. The other I traded off years ago but it was a Kentucky pattern and looked just like yours except for the engraving.

I have had several others since then, some with the importers name, some unmarked except for the "Spain" mark but all built with the same type breech and lock setup. Always thought they were from the same maker just sold through various importers. I had one other one that may have been a precursor to the later style sold by CVA, it had the same basic stock hardware and sights with that same sideplate but had a drum instead of the bolster breech and a slightly different lock,

Hi. I live in Spain. This gun, type Kentucky pistol, is manufactured in the city of Eibar, in the Basque country or region. That is to say in Spain. The manufacturer was a small craftsman, named Antonio Marcos Relea, who marked his weapons, "A. M. R." He also made muzzleloading shotguns, both single barreled and double barreled. This small workshop, also called "Avancargas Anchu", closed in the mid-nineties of the last century. He also made copies of Deringer pistols, dueling pistols, and copies of the Hawken rifle, and of the English Creedmore and Henry rifles for long distance target shooting, with a conical bullet in caliber 0,451

That gun was made in the 1970s

Greetings from Spain. Saljudos desde España.

Hi. I live in Spain. This gun, type Kentucky pistol, is manufactured in the city of Eibar, in the Basque country or region. That is to say in Spain. The manufacturer was a small craftsman, named Antonio Marcos Relea, who marked his weapons, "A. M. R." He also made muzzleloading shotguns, both single barreled and double barreled. This small workshop, also called "Avancargas Anchu", closed in the mid-nineties of the last century. He also made copies of Deringer pistols, dueling pistols, and copies of the Hawken rifle, and of the English Creedmore and Henry rifles for long distance target shooting, with a conical bullet in caliber 0,451

That gun was made in the 1970s

Greetings from Spain. Saljudos desde España.

A VERY useful post, Sir, that adds another foundation brick in the wall of knowledge on this site.

Latest posts

Back