• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any Fiddle heads yet ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Fiddle heads around here but Ramps are thick as fleas wish I knew someone who would eat them or something to do with them. Mushrooms are up good been out last three days and the family has really enjoyed the annual treat supplied by the woods. Me and my boys spend many hours and foot miles together Shrooming.

Attachments

• IMG_1482.jpg
    IMG_1482.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1481.jpg
    IMG_1481.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1480.jpg
    IMG_1480.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 96
I haven't been out to look, but I'm thinking it's still been too chilly here.
Pickled is good, sometimes the tiniest ones just served like a salad with Italian dressing. Like them fried with butter and hot pepper flakes too.

are the LAND CRESS the same as WATER CRESS? and when you boil the DANDYLIONS with a piece of fat salt pork, take them out and put a gob of real butter and salt & pepper on them. to get the bitter out a little be cause you want some put vinegar on them! as stated better than stake of wich no one could afford in the 50's. PS. we also had JOHNNY CAKES with them. any one else raised with them?

WOW, the back tail gate looks like a farmers market. rely wish I was your neighbor!!

TOOT, never harvested water cress, I would assume they are a bit different but more than likely taste about the same. I like the land cress lightly boiled with a mustard based dressing chop up a hard boiled egg on top.

That one is Lambeau . Go pack go!
She was all ribs when I picked her from the humane society. Picked her for her personality. Alone in the cage, just wanted to play with anyone walking by.
Actually, not as fat as I make her out to be. She's a strange cat. Likes to roll over on her back all the time. And I mean don't step on her all the time. Runs in front of you and drops. Moves in next to you when you are working, rolls on her back and sleeps like that! It makes her look bloated. Walking past you she looks normal. Then she drops and rolls. Roll on the back and you need a personal trainer. Stand up and your svelte again.
Wish it was that easy for me.
Forgot to mention she love to play fetch. Throw a toy mouse from the office chair, down the stairs, and she brings it back. AND drops it into your hand waiting for you to throw it again. All day. Wish my dog understood the concept.

Last edited:
I’ve been picking fiddleheads for a couple weeks in VT, ramps a week longer than that. I haven’t found any morels here yet or heard of anyone else finding them either. We got a little snow last night and temps today were in the 30’s, hopefully a warmup will get the morels going.

Latest posts

Back